Secretary of the Party Committee of Thu Duc City Nguyen Van Hieu speaks at the event. (Photo: SGGP)
Attending the meeting were Professor Dr. Tran Hong Quan, former Minister of Education and Training, President of the Scientific Board of the Oriental Development Research Institute; Professor Dr. Tran Quang Phu, Director of the Oriental Development Research Institute cum President of the Scientific Board of the institute; Assoc.Prof.PhD. Tran Dinh Thien, former Director of Vietnam Economic Institute; Economic expert Dr. Tran Du Lich.
Thu Duc City needs to take a different approach to show its breakthroughs. In which, it must be presented as a model of national developed city in the era of high technology and digital economy. The city has to determine its own roles to receive priorities of mechanisms and resources allocation, said Assoc.Prof.PhD. Tran Dinh Thien.
According to economic expert Dr. Tran Du Lich, Thu Duc not only develops economy and society but also it will be promoted following a modern urban city and urban administration model. In addition, it should focus on solving problems of the land ownership, land speculation, the development of illegal residential areas, residents' disputes and other existing issues.
The city needs more special mechanisms to strengthen the power of its self-control in planning, investment, budget and organization of the governing body, he added.
The city needs to have a land fund development center to attract investors, solve long-term frozen and unfinished projects, give priority to Thu Thiem New Urban Area, and develop ecological tourism thanks to its geographical location with river landscapes, said Professor Dr. Tran Quang Phu.
Speaking at the event, Secretary of the Party Committee of Thu Duc City Nguyen Van Hieu said that the city has proposed the Standing Board of the HCMC Party Committee to approve resolutions on land compensation and clearance policies to boost transport projects, the establishment of an infrastructure management center; and mechanisms allowed the city to actively to meet its demand and solve local problems.
Under the overall planning scheme of Thu Duc City by 2040 , it will be developed into the first class city and the highly interactive and innovative urban area, serving as a driving force for the implementation of the 4th Industrial Revolution of HCMC, he added.
By Thu Huong – Translated by Kim Khanh
- City’s boom should include Southeast
- Ballpark developments aren’t so promising, economists say. But some cities disagree
- MediPharm Labs Assembles Globally Renowned Experts to Form Scientific Advisory Committee
- Southwest leaders blame mechanics for slow traffic while travelers wait it out
- City Council gives $40 million in tax breaks in hopes of gaining $4 billion in economic impact
- Athersys to Host Investor Day in New York City
- Letters: The spectrum of opinion shifts on Mueller’s virtues
- Drummond: Yorba Linda commissioners coming up with spending wish lists for city
- Opinion: A solution to tackle the inequities in Portland schools today
- Perspective: Railroads played large role in Cole County development
- What is a Fatberg? The Gross Grease Giants Threatening Cities
- Experts Forum Report: Idaho’s STEM Future
- Experts: ASU's $140M Return on $28M 'Investment' in Omni Deal Screws K-12
- Despite mounting deaths and warnings, Obama Administration failed to confront fentanyl crisis, experts say
- Fort Collins City Council election: District 1 Glenn Haas stances
- 2019 Fort Collins election: City Council candidates talk about water issues
- CSU, Hughes developer negotiate 'workforce housing,' but there's no guarantee
- “We suck in Denver, huh?” Here’s how development is shaping the mayor’s race in 2019
- Housing experts expect home values to increase after Red Line opens
- Time for Orange County cities to act on housing crisis or Newsom will do it for them
Thu Duc City collects experts’ opinions on special mechanisms of development have 594 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.