Bangkok (VNA) – Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has emphasised that the 13th Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit (ASEM 13) was a good opportunity for European and Asian leaders to have dialogue in order to find common solutions to current global issues like COVID-19 and climate change.
According to Thai Government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, Prayut said at the ASEM 13's second plenary session on November 26 that such global issues continue to affirm the need for strengthening multilateralism for shared growth, as no country can solve these challenges on its own.
The PM also proposed areas for cooperation between Asia and Europe in the next era of new normal, including the full use of digital technology and connection strengthening.
Earlier, Prayut, in his capacity as ASEAN Coordinator for 2021-2022, said at the summit's opening session on November 25 that Thailand believed that multilateralism is the key to overcome global crisis and that multilateral cooperation should be tangible on the basis of shared benefits between member countries.
The PM also proposed the principle of "5Ps" – People, Partnership, Peace, Prosperity, and Planet – in accordance with the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals ( SDGs ).
Thailand, one of the founding members of ASEM, was the host country of the first ASEM Summit in 1996./.
- China Prepares Afghanistan Business Expo to Unleash Taliban's 'Market Potential'
- From Syahrini's NFTs to Axie Infinity, Southeast Asia is waking up to the metaverse
- U.S. to Bolster Europe’s Fuel Supply to Blunt Threat of Russian Cutoff
- Foreign Secretary suggests European states to avoid debt traps & build eco linkages
- A new chapter in Japan's Asia policy
- Airlines, tourism firms cooperate to offer attractive products
- Vietnam, Hungary enhance parliamentary cooperation
- Europe considers new Covid curbs as Omicron spreads worldwide
- To Build The Metaverse, Facebook Plans To Hire 10,000 Tech Workers In Europe And Bypass American Talent
- Thais snap up crocodile meat as pork prices surge
- Global shares mixed ahead of Fed policy statements
- China Floats Conspiracy Theory that Enes Kanter Freedom Is a CIA Agent
- Vivo V23 Review: Selfie-Centric Phone Gives It Niche Appeal
- Karooooo Ltd. (KARO) Q3 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
- Thai-Indian exchanges ready to restart after enforced break
- Global shares slide after more losses on Wall Street
- First Thai rice export on Laos-China railway, step toward strengthening bilateral trade
- Live: Australia face former coach Alen Stajcic's Philippines in Asian Cup
- Interpol Takes Down “Dark Web” Pedophile Ring, Fifty Children Rescued
- Cruise passengers scatter, take Cambodia bus tours despite virus fears
Thailand suggests potential field for Asia-Europe cooperation have 395 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.