Bangkok (VNA) – The Thai government is planning to allow up to 400 , 000 migrant workers from the three neighbouring countries of Laos, Cambodia, and Myanmar to legally work in Thailand, said Taweesilp Visanuyothin, spokesman of the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration ( CCSA ).
The plan aims to reduce the smuggling of illegal migrants via border provinces and prevent the spreading of the pandemic.
According to the spokesman, Thai Labour Minister Suchart Chomklin said that he had discussed with his counterparts from Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar about Thailand's increasing need of manual labours.
Initially, Thailand will establish screening and quarantine centres in five border provinces of Tak, Ranong, Nong Khai, Mukdahan and Sa Kaeo, where migrant workers who pass COVID-19 testing can pass through and register to work in Thailand legally.
Taweesilp added that with the government's effort in importing migrant workers, entrepreneurs no longer need to rely on smuggling gangs to supply them with manual workers.
He said the 400,000 workers will be free of COVID-19 and are vital to the recovery of Thai economy./.
- China to intensify health monitoring of migrant workers to curb virus
- The jobs no Aussies want: Employers slam locals for being afraid of hard work as they applaud moves to bring in migrant workers who are 'grateful' for the opportunity
- Malawian Migrant Workers Returned from South Africa Get Training
- UK should lower planned salary threshold for migrants, report says
- Brexit Boost: Hiring and Salaries Rise as Supply of Cheap Foreign Workers Falls
- DHS Data Shows Sharp Drops in Legal Migration from Unstable Countries
- Suffering in silence, the migrant domestic workers exploited in Jordan
- Canada has replaced US as goal for some migrants
- Our ships in the Med will take migrants BACK to Turkey, says Fallon: Defence Secretary escalates response to the crisis
- Migrants Have a Normal Life Here: A Report From Benghazi Migrant Camp (Photo, Video)
- Control-freak Cameron demands to vet speeches planned by WORLD LEADERS to make sure they don't undermine his bid to keep Britain in the EU
- Think Tank: Opening NHS to Migrants Will Result in ‘Huge Inflow of Health Tourists’
- 'We'll admit them if they're dying': Virus outbreak pushes China's stretched health care workers to breaking point
- Awan pays tribute to media worker who died of heart attack after being unpaid for 10 months
- So what age checks ARE they doing? Home Office won't perform 'intrusive' dental tests on Calais migrant 'children' - although its own previous figures show two-thirds are lying
- We Owe Central American Migrants Much More Than This
- Donald Trump says he 'has a plan' to contain China's killer virus after it spread to US: Man in his 30s is hospitalized as death toll from SARS-like coronavirus hits nine and health chiefs poise to declare global emergency
- We have a plan coming we swear! White House says it expects to roll out immigration plan in the 'next couple of weeks' and Trump really WILL send migrants to sanctuary cities like Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco
- Minimum salary threshold for migrants should be CUT from £30k to £25,600 to help the NHS after Brexit - but foreign workers without a job offer should prove they are 'high-skilled' through an Australian-style points-based system, government experts say
- Kismat to the aid of migrants
Thailand plans to import 400,000 legal migrant workers have 536 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.