|Ly Hoang Nam celebrates after winning the M15 Cancun title in Mexico on November 29, 2021. (Photo by Vietnam Tennis Federation)|
Hanoi – Vietnam's tennis ace Ly Hoang Nam toppled British player Giles Hussey in two straight sets (6-4, 6-4) on the morning of November 29 to claim the men's singles title of the M15 Cancun tournament in Mexico, Nhan dan reported.
This is the fourth professional tennis title in Nam's career, following the Vietnam F5 Futures 2016, Thailand F3 Futures 2017 and most recently the M15 Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt last month.
En route to the final match in Mexico, the Vietnamese star, ranked 703rd in the ATP standings, struggled to beat US opponent Alexander Bernard 6-7 (6), 6-1, 6-3 in the opening round before scoring a comfortable 6-2, 6-2 win against world no. 1341 Chad Kissell (the US) in the second round to set up a quarterfinal clash with Matic Spec.
Thanks to his excellent serve capability, the 26-year-old Slovenian caused much difficulty for Nam and won the first set 6-1. However, Nam promptly rediscovered his rhythm to seal the next two sets at 6-1, 6-3 in order to advance.
In the semi-finals, the Vietnamese ace once again came from behind to outplay another US competitor Dali Blanch (world no. 1099) 3-6, 6-2, 6-3.
With the M15 Cancun Mexico triumph, Ly Hoang Nam has added 10 points to his ATP rating, alongside winnings of 2,160 USD in prize money.
Nam will play two more tournaments in Cancun as part of his Mexico journey from November 22 to December 12, before returning to Vietnam on December 13.
- Tennis player uses his iPhone to dispute a referee’s call
- Novak Djokovic Returning To Old Form Good For Tennis, Del Potro Says
- Watson makes its debut in the U.S. Open mobile app, making tennis fans smarter than ever
- EA Sports Bringing Grand Slam Tennis (and John McEnroe) To The Wii
- Tennis fans, Twitter's live-streamed Wimbledon goodies start Monday
- Barcelona Players Offered To Alter Contracts To Re-Sign Neymar, Says Gerard Pique
- Ash Barty's star shines brightly at WTA Finals as she reaches semis
- Is Rafael Nadal The Best Ever On Clay? 16-Time Major Winner Responds
- Federer Can Choose To Skip Clay Court Season, Boris Becker Explain Why
- Federer Can Choose To Skip Clay Court Season, Boris Becker Explains Why
- Who is Amanda Anisimova, the 17-year-old who stunned French Open champion Simona Halep?
- Rafael Nadal News: Former Coach Predicts Strong Clay Campaign For Spaniard
- How to watch the 2014 US Open final online
- 2K Sports Announces Game Lineup
- Take control of an 8-bit Serena Williams in Snapchat’s first multilevel game
- How Rafael Nadal Can Become World No. 1 Before The French Open
- Novak Djokovic Splits From Stepanek After Ending Agassi Partnership
- Cilic Reveals Why Rafael Nadal Is Tougher To Beat At French Open
- Inside the desperate fight to keep old TVs alive
- ESPN reveals 'major' app update and new ESPN+ streaming service for $5 per month
Tennis player Ly Hoang Nam wins the M15 Cancun tournament in Mexico have 469 words, post on vir.com.vn at December 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.