One of the four high school students who suffered anaphylaxis after receiving COVID-19 vaccination in the northern Vietnamese province of Bac Giang has passed away despite treatment at the hospital.
The four students received the vaccine shots at two inoculation sites in Son Dong District on the morning of November 24.
Following the vaccination, they showed signs of dizziness, shortness of breath, chest pain, nausea, and pale skin due to anaphylaxis.
Two of them, who suffered more severe reactions, were later admitted to Bach Mai Hospital in Hanoi, while the other two were monitored at Son Dong District Medical Center with less serious symptoms.
At Bach Mai Hospital, the two patients were given extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), or outside-the-body life support.
However, one of them died, Nguyen Thi Thu Huong, deputy director of Bac Giang's Department of Health, confirmed on Sunday.
The other student is showing good improvements, Huong added.
Health workers in Bac Giang Province began administering Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine to 174,000 children aged 12 to 17 on November 12.
Local high school students were the first to get inoculated in this age range.
As of Sunday, over 61,000 children aged 15 to 17 had received the doses, the health official elaborated.
Only four students suffered post-vaccination anaphylaxis, she continued, adding that this is a very low rate.
Bac Giang has recorded nearly 7,000 local infections since the fourth outbreak it Vietnam on April 27.
Local health authorities have administered more than two million vaccine shots.
Over 1.3 million people, or 99.03 percent of the province's adult population, have received at least one dose, with 767,491 of them, accounting for 61.13 percent, having been jabbed twice.
Last week, four factory workers in the north-central province of Thanh Hoa died of anaphylaxis after having received the second doses of Vero Cell COVID-19 vaccine, produced by China’s Sinopharm.
Following the incident, health authorities in Thanh Hoa halted the administration of Vero Cell vaccine jabs from batch B2021103398 pending further guidelines from the Ministry of Health.
- Luc Ngan-Bac Giang Lychee Week opens in Hanoi
- WHO recommends Vietnam excises special tax on sugary beverages
- What's on March 19-25 (Daily updated)
- Do Xuan Doan - Painting Vietnam On Canvases Of Gold!
- Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City!
- What's on December 10-16 (Daily updated)
- Health Center Staff In Lead Role Preparing Their Campuses for Pandemic Flu
- Country First
- Richard Wright's Last Literary Efforts and Last Days on Earth in Exile in Paris
- The Disease Industry
- Olympic Nations - Who Is Who?
- "Stress Less For Poker Success" Formula - Ingredient #1 Rhodiola Rosea
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Max - Why You Shouldn't Use Them
- The Chemical Assault On Our Children
- Welcome to Tanzania!
- Netflix gives Hallmark a run for its money with this year's holiday movie lineup
- The Development of Old Age and Related Issues
- I Am a Future Resident of Heaven
- What the Bible Says About Truth and Reconciliation and its Application in Sierra Leone
- Changing Facets Of Sexual Offences - An Indian Outlook
Student dies of anaphylaxis after COVID-19 vaccination in Vietnam’s Bac Giang have 490 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.