Vietnam has boasted seven commodities with an export turnover exceeding US$10 billion each as of November 15 following the post-pandemic resumption of various businesses.
|Iron and steel products record strong export growth by mid-November.|
The first two weeks of November saw Vietnam rake in US$14.61 billion from exports, raising the country's total export value since the beginning of the year to US$284.45 billion, a year-on-year increase of 17.7%.
Most notably, iron and steel joined the US$10-billion export product club for the first time, alongside six other groups of commodities, namely phones and components, computers, electronic products and components, machinery, garments and textiles, footwear, and timber and wood products.
Among the key hard currency earners, phones and computers recorded the highest earnings of US$48.8 billion and US$43 billion respectively, while machinery and equipment ranked third with turnover of US$31.77 billion.
They were followed by garments and textiles that grossed US$27.52 billion and timber and wood products that bagged US$12.67 billion in export value.
During the reviewed period the export value of iron and steel products by mid-November reached US$10.27 billion, representing a year-on-year rise of 136.6%.
According to the Vietnam Steel Association (VSA), iron and steel exports since the beginning of the year have enjoyed a number of advantages, particularly as the consumption demand in several foreign markets has bounced back.
The recovery of the global construction markets has facilitated export activities of large local enterprises, including Hoa Phat, Nam Kim, and Ton Hoa Sen.
Robust export growth has also been recorded in markets such as Europe, the United States, ASEAN member states, and China.
- An Giang aims for over 1 billion USD in export value in 2030
- Malaysia's wooden furniture exports to exceed RM13b
- 21% of export to the US falls under ‘essential goods’ and that is good news for India: Drip Capital’s Pushkar Mukewar
- Vietnam’s exports to Cambodia up 16.7 percent in eight months
- Vietnam’s export might surpass 10 per cent in 2021
- Exports up 17 percent in September on year to record high
- Value of footwear exports sees sharp drop amid pandemic
- Nigeria lost $6.8 billion to corruption in seven years, according to the information minister
- Record high exports in July, trade deficit widens
- Agricultural exports up by RM3.5 bil under 11MP
- Wondering where to invest next? Go for export-oriented stocks: Kenneth Andrade
- India’s agriculture exports can be doubled in ‘medium term’, says ITC Chairman
- Lower trade deficit, higher software exports contribute to current in surplus in April-June'21
- Enterprises strive to resume export orders
- Leather exporters urge govt to extend PLI benefits to them
- Agro-forestry-fisheries export hits 35.5 billion USD in nine months
- August exports hit nearly RM96b, boost by E&E, petroleum
- Covid harms export prospects, but long-term outlook favorable
- U.S. consumer confidence hits seven-month low as near-term economic outlook dims
- Firms advised to take advantage of CPTPP to increase exports to Mexico
Seven commodities with export value hitting over US$10 billion each have 461 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.