Addressing the opening ceremony, Senior Lieutenant General Le Huy Vinh, Deputy Defense Minister and head of the steering board of the seminar, stressed that the event is a practical activity in celebration of the 60th anniversary of the launch of the Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea. It provides an opportunity for the whole Party, the whole people, and the whole military to recall heroic traditions of the forefathers and pay tribute to people and troops sacrificing on the legendary route.
He underlined that the contents of the seminar will contribute to promoting patriotism, national pride, solidarity and determination to overcome hardships such as the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, it helps us understand the historical meaning and practical lessons learnt from for the fatherland's construction and development cause, especially in safeguarding the national maritime sovereignty.
The organizing panel received nearly 90 presentations from leaders and former leaders of the Party, State, Ministry of National Defense, central and local sectors, military units, historical witnesses and scientists, to name but a few. The presentations defined the strategic viewpoint and timely decisions of the Communist Party of Vietnam headed by President Ho Chi Minh.
The presentations also reaffirmed that the Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea is a great feat-of-arms, an epic about Vietnamese creativeness and mind in the Ho Chi Minh era. In 15 years (1961-1975), troops of no-number ships overcame hardships to transport weapons and equipment to the Southern battlefield.
At the seminar, many discussions analyzed and clarified that the Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea was one of the glorious feats-of-arms of the Vietnam People's Army and the Vietnamese people in the resistance war against U.S. invaders. Also, the trail proved the unique and distinctive features of the Vietnamese military arts.
From the historical milestone of the Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea, many valuable lessons have been drawn to apply to the development of the Vietnam People’s Navy in particular and the development of the Vietnam People's Army in general, contributing to meeting all task requirements in the current context.
Translated by Trung Thanh
- Ho Chi Minh City startups raise $1.1 billion in venture capital in 2021
- Two arrested after handbag snatching attempt knocks woman unconscious in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City hosts William Pham’s art exhibition
- Pasteur Institute of Ho Chi Minh City unveils BSL-3 laboratory
- Ho Chi Minh City’s spring flower festival ends
- Tet Festival 2022 opens in Ho Chi Minh City
- Gathering held in HCM City to mark Cuba’s 63rd National Day
- Online contest on sea and islands for children concluded
- Tan Hoang Minh rescinds from the controversial purchase of US$1-billion land plot
- US report debunks China’s claims to East Vietnam Sea
- Over 20,000 Da Nang students join contests on homeland sea, islands
- Boxing ace seeks SEA Games glory
- Weightlifting boss confident Vietnam will push through with SEA Games
- Port border guards – steel shield preventing Covid-19 intrusion by sea
- Seminar highlights Vietnam’s strategic shifts in COVID-19 control
- 'Don't let them break you': Australian citizen held in Vietnamese jail denied a lawyer
- Sick fisherman aided at sea
- Fantastic World Found in Sea's Middle Depths
- Laos ups stake in Vung Ang Sea Port in Vietnam
- Can Gio must integrate development with environmental protection
Scientific seminar on Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea held have 528 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 3, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.