Moscow (VNA) – The Vietnam – Russia comprehensive strategic partnership , and the significance of Vietnamese President Nguyen Xuan Phuc ‘s visit to Russia from November 29 to December 2, was highlighted in an article published on Russia’s Independent newspaper on November 28.
The article written by Grigory Trofimchuk, an expert on international affairs, affirmed that Vietnam is a reliable partner of Russia not only in the period of the former Soviet Union but also at present.
The trust in the bilateral relationship was once again affirmed in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic , when Vietnam was one of the first countries in the world that approved Russia's vaccine, he wrote, noting that in August 2021, the first batch of Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine was successfully produced in Vietnam.
The article stressed that that the belief in Russia and Russian people has been infiltrated in the blood of Vietnamese people.
Russia and Vietnam has shared the same opinion on many international issues. Notably, both countries support the multipolar world order, including the principle of resolving major conflicts in the world via peaceful diplomatic measures on the basis of respect for international law, it said.
The author highly valued Vietnam’s increasing role and position in the international arena, saying that the Southeast Asian nation is now a leading member of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), and an outstanding member of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum and a host of other influential organisations.
The article affirmed that Vietnam is one of the important driving forces of the Asia-Pacific region, which is considered the centre of global economic and finance growth.
Regarding President Phuc’s visit to Russia, Trofimchuk stated that in the eyes of foreign observers, especially Russian experts and scholars, the Vietnamese leader has shown himself to be an energetic and sincere person with gentle smiles.
The Russian Presidential Press Office's statement said that during phone talks between Russian President Vladimir Putin and President Nguyen Xuan Phuc before the visit, the two leaders agreed to further develop the comprehensive strategic partnership between the two countries.
Through its flourishing cooperation relations with Vietnam, Russia will show more clearly its role in Asia – Pacific, an important region of the world, and engage more actively in strengthening security in Asia, including energy security, the article concluded./.
- Exiled Russian tycoon says he'll keep supporting independent Russian journalism
- Kim Jong Un Wishes Putin Good Luck in 'Building a Powerful Russia'
- ‘Battle for Africa’: Russia Pushes Into ‘Free Country for the Taking’ In Attempt to Rival the West
- The Trump-Russia Facts Lead To Only One Reasonable Conclusion
- Steven Seagal Appointed by Russia as Special Envoy to the U.S.
- My fellow conservatives, there is no Russia witch hunt
- Number of Russians Ready to Protest Government Jumps 20 Percent Since March
- Ex-Trump Campaign Aides Are Lobbying for Bosnia’s Pro-Russian Separatist Party
- Russia Says It Does Not Know What Donald Trump Means When He Said Moscow Should Do Something 'Good' for U.S.
- Top Putin foe ramps up "Dossier" project to spill Russians' secrets
- Is Russia Ready for Another War? Libya and Yemen Leaders Ask for Vladimir Putin's Help
- In Moscow’s Newest Park, All of Russia Comes Together
- Will Pensions End Putin? Russia's Retirement Age Debate
- Russia arrests spy accused of leaking info about hacks to the U.S., report says
- Russia Defends Saudi Arabia in Human Rights Dispute with Canada, Dividing Two Top U.S. Allies
- Nelson-Scott feud escalates over claim that Russian hackers are in voting systems
- Russians' Approval of U.S. Increased Dramatically After Trump-Putin Summit, Poll Finds
- Raising Retirement Age Stirs Russia Protests and Cracks Party Unity
- U.S. and Saudi Arabia Race Against Russia and Iran to Rebuild Syria, But Efforts May Come Too Little Too Late
- Cold War redux? Russia’s Kalashnikov shows off its Tesla rival
Russian newspaper highlights Vietnam-Russia fruitful relations have 647 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.