Addressing the event, Acting Director of the ASEAN Center Ekaterina Koldunova emphasised that cultural diplomacy is one of the important tasks, in addition to political research, thereby further enhancing relations between Russia and ASEAN member countries.
Since its establishment, the ASEAN Center has paid great attention to cultural relations and considered this an important education task, she noted.
According to Koldunova, all Southeast Asian countries have a particularly interesting culture that Russian people can only know through travel.
Events such as the festival will help the center understand more about the countries, culture and people of ASEAN members through music, arts, and movies, she added
At the event, students from Russia and many countries performed musical repertoire imbuing the identity of the ASEAN countries such as Indonesia, Laos, and Vietnam.
Talking to the Vietnam News Agency's correspondent in Russia after performing the song “Hello Vietnam,” Lisa, a student of MGIMO's Vietnamese language faculty, said she has actively participated in the institute's activities to popularize Vietnamese culture to Russian people.
ASEAN is one of the priorities of Russia’s foreign policy in the East, in which cultural diplomacy is part of the country's strategic directions to promote substantive and effective relations with Southeast Asian countries.
- Commentary: Mexico Finds New Avenue for Responsible Diplomacy With Like-Minded Countries
- Romania hosts Peace Talks in Unity with South Korean NGO Heavenly Culture World Peace Restoration of Light (HWPL)
- Key Trump-Russia Dossier Source Cultivated Ties With Campaign Aide Who Pleaded Guilty in Mueller Probe: Report
- Marco Rubio and Venezuela: What a Twitter campaign to oust Maduro says about modern diplomacy
- Indonesia’s Ambassador Visits Atlanta to Promote New Restaurant Offering Fine Dining
- Activists Couldn’t Get Facebook to Tackle Its Discrimination Problem—Until the Russia Scandal Hit
- Trump appointees promoted nuclear sales to Saudis despite objections, House Dems say
- DC’s radical departure from STEM apathy culture
- Sony World Photography Awards 2019: The Best Picture from Each Country
- Should Huntsville care about being in the Americana Music Triangle?
- Pompeo calls Ukraine inquiry 'silly gotcha game'
- MLK’s Daughter Finds Korea ‘More Peaceful and Calm Than U.S.’ as President Moon Describes Steps to Unification
- The NRA Welcomed Maria Butina—Even As She Worked to Arm Anti-American Thugs Abroad
- UPAF groups helped inspire Emily Schoen's life as a dancer
- The science of hard cider to be topic of MDI Science Cafe
- Professor Dunlap to speak about live experiences in Peace Corps, April I in Farmington, ME
- Yoga Does Not Make Inmates Gay, Says Russian Prison Chief as Classes Are Reinstated
- Susan Rice: America 'under attack' by Trump administration
- Full Viet Nam-Cambodia Joint Statement
- Newly inaugurated Commercial Diplomats Club will work towards the prosperity of entire communities and nations
Russia promotes cultural diplomacy with ASEAN have 443 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at December 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.