Hanoi (VNA) – President Nguyen Xuan Phuc 's official visit to Russia from November 29 to December 2, which will be made at the invitation of President Vladimir Putin , is expected to deepen the Vietnam-Russia comprehensive strategic partnership.
The bilateral political relationship has been continuously consolidated, reflected through the regular exchange of high-level delegations.
Despite serious impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, bilateral meetings have been maintained, notably phone talks between Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong and President Putin in April 2021, between President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and President Putin in September 2021, and between National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue and Speaker of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of Russia Valentina Matvienko in June 2021, and an official visit to Russia by Foreign Minister Bui Thanh Son in September 2021.
The two sides have also maintained many coordination and dialogue mechanisms such as the annual Diplomatic-Defence-Security Strategic Dialogue at the permanent deputy foreign ministerial level, and the Defence Strategic Dialogue at the deputy defence ministerial level, and regular political consultations at the deputy foreign ministerial level.
The two sides have closely coordinated and supported each other at international forums such as the United Nations, the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) and the Asia–Europe Meeting (ASEM).
Russia supports Vietnam's stance on settling disputes in the East Sea via peaceful means, without using force or threatening to use force, on the basis of international law, the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the East Sea (DOC), and working towards the early completion of a Code of Conduct in the East Sea (COC).
Economic and trade cooperation between the two countries has also been developed dynamically in recent years. Two-way trade reached 4.85 billion USD in 2020, up 9 percent year-on-year. It hit 3.6 billion USD in the first nine months of this year, up 5 percent against the same period of 2020.
As of April 2021, Russian had ranked 25th among countries and territories investing in Vietnam with 144 projects worth 944 million USD. Meanwhile, Vietnam had invested in over 20 projects worth nearly 3 billion USD in Russia.
Vietnamese Ambassador to Russia Dang Minh Khoi said that President Phuc’s visit is of great significance, helping to deepen the Vietnam-Russia comprehensive strategic partnership in all fields. The visit also shows that Vietnam has actively implemented its foreign policy after the 13th National Party Congress in the spirit of independence, self-reliance, diversification and multilateralisation, for the sake of the nation, and contributing to peace and stability in the world.
Russian Ambassador to Vietnam Gennady Bezdetko affirmed that President Phuc’s visit is one of the important highlights in the bilateral agenda for 2021, which is expected to bring a new impetus to promote the Russia- Vietnam comprehensive strategic partnership in many fields./.
- President’s visit to deepen special Vietnam-Laos relationship: Ambassador
- Colombian President to visit Korea Tuesday to discuss cooperation
- Russia and China "deepen" military ties as they challenge U.S. over Middle East
- Vietnam President’s visit deepens special ties with Laos
- PM Lee Hsien Loong, US Vice-President Kamala Harris hail robust, enduring Singapore-US partnership
- President’s visit affirms special attention to fostering ties with Laos
- Lao media spotlights Vietnamese President’s visit
- China and Russia will "jointly deal with threats and challenges" as U.S. tensions rise
- The U.S. needs to stop bringing Russia and China closer together | Opinion
- WW3 fears as China and Russia join forces for massive war games with 10,000 troops in chilling message to the West
- On a new keel: Netanyahu's visit to India
- For Skeptics and the Curious: RDIF Releases Information On Development of Russia’s COVID-19 Vaccine
- 30136: Scenesetter for Admiral Fallon’s visit to India
- Harris visit illustrating US embrace of SE Asia
- Xi calls for steady development of China-Iran partnership
- Can Indo-US partnership go from being a perennial curiosity to a quotidian affair?
- Xi exchanges congratulations with Iranian president on 50th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- India, Russia Ties Strong Enough to Navigate Complexities of Present World: Shringla
- Vietnam treasures cooperative relations with Russia: Party chief
- Afghanistan's fall is China and Russia's chance in Asia, Iran wants to join
President’s Russia visit hoped to deepen bilateral comprehensive strategic partnership have 741 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.