President Phuc, who is paying an official visit to the European country, affirmed that the State and people of Vietnam always keep in mind and treasure the precious support and assistance that Switzerland has given to their struggle for national independence in the past as well as national development at present.
The two leaders noted with satisfaction that over the last half century, the traditional friendship and cooperation between the two countries have been growing well in multiple fields.
They discussed areas of cooperation and reached consensus on many measures to advance Vietnam – Switzerland relations. They agreed to increase exchanges and meetings to further intensify mutual understanding and trust and promote bilateral cooperation in all aspects.
President Parmelin highly valued Vietnam's breakthrough achievements in socio-economic development and COVID-19 containment, stressing that Vietnam is an important economic partner of Switzerland in Southeast Asia.
Asking the Government of Switzerland to encourage Swiss enterprises to invest in Vietnam, President Phuc noted that the Southeast Asian nation is working hard to improve the business – investment climate and create favorable conditions for foreign firms to operate in the long term.
The leaders agreed to make efforts to soon conclude negotiations on a free trade agreement between Vietnam and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA). They also expressed their delight at the progress in scientific – technological cooperation and agreed to further strengthen links in science – technology and education – training.
President Phuc thanked the Swiss Government for providing ODA for Vietnam. Meanwhile, the Swiss President assessed Vietnam as an effective ODA using partner, adding that the Swiss Government has decided to continue to provide Vietnam with 70 million CHF (over 75.6 million USD) worth of ODA in the 2021-2024 period.
The Vietnamese leader thanked the Swiss Government for its donation of medical equipment valued at about 5 million USD for Vietnam’s COVID-19 prevention and control on the occasion of Swiss Vice President Ignazio Casis's visit to Vietnam in August. He proposed the two sides promote cooperation between their enterprises and research facilities in the development, production and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines and treatment drugs.
President Phuc thanks and proposed the Swiss Government continue creating favourable conditions for the overseas Vietnamese community to well integrate into the host society.
The two leaders agreed to strengthen cooperation and mutual support at multilateral forums and international organisations such as the United Nations and the Asia – Europe cooperation mechanism.
Vietnam agreed to help Switzerland strengthen its relationship with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
Regarding the East Sea (South China Sea) issue, Switzerland stressed the importance of ensuring freedom of navigation, compliance with international law, and settlement of disputes via peaceful measures based on transparent dialogue and trust building.
- Vietnamese, Philippine leaders talk cooperation amid COVID-19
- Vietnamese, Philippine leaders hold phone talks
- Foreign leaders offer congratulations on President Ho Chi Minh’s birthday
- Public Security Forces must work for the people: late President Ho Chi Minh
- President Ho Chi Minh’s birthday observed in many countries
- PM visits coal miners in Quang Ninh province
- India's quiet victories around China
- Vietnam, Japan coordinate closely to fight COVID-19: Ambassador
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 29
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 24
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 26
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 21
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 22
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 28
- What foreign ambassadors say about Vietnam's coronavirus fight?
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 21
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 18
- Vietnam, Myanmar look towards a new height in bilateral relations
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 20
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 18
President Nguyen Xuan Phuc holds talks with Swiss counterpart Guy Parmelin have 579 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 13, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.