MOSCOW — President Nguyễn Xuân Phúc, his spouse, and a high-ranking Vietnamese delegation arrived at Vnukovo International Airport in Moscow on Monday afternoon (local time), beginning an official visit to Russia at the invitation of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
A welcome ceremony for the Vietnamese State leader and his entourage was held at the airport, with the participation of the Deputy Minister and other officials of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, along with Ambassador Đặng Minh Khôi, his spouse and the staff of the Vietnamese Embassy in Russia.
In an interview recently granted to Vietnam News Agency correspondents in Moscow, Ambassador Khôi said Việt Nam-Russia ties are close-knit, loyal and rare in the world.
He said the visit would further deepen and lift bilateral comprehensive strategic partnership to a greater height in all areas in the new situation.
It manifests that Việt Nam is pursuing the foreign policy of independence, self-reliance, multilateralisation and diversification of ties for national benefits, as well as for the world peace and stability, according to the ambassador.
The visit also shows that Việt Nam attaches importance to ties with Russia, considering the country a priority in its foreign policy and a key partner while sincerely and consistently supporting Russia in an ever-changing world.
Moreover, it affirms the strengthening of joint work against COVID-19 pandemic, especially in the research and production of vaccines and medicines.
The bilateral political relationship has been continuously consolidated, reflected through the regular exchange of high-level delegations.
Economic and trade cooperation between the two countries has also been developed dynamically in recent years. Two-way trade reached US$4.85 billion in 2020, up 9 per cent year-on-year. It hit US$3.6 billion in the first nine months of this year, up 5 per cent against the same period of 2020.
As of April 2021, Russia had ranked 25th among countries and territories investing in Việt Nam with 144 projects worth $944 million. Meanwhile, Việt Nam had invested in over 20 projects worth nearly $3 billion in Russia.
During the visit, President Phúc is scheduled to hold talks and meetings with leaders of the Russian State and the State Duma. He will also meet with representatives from the Russia-Việt Nam friendship organisations, attend a Việt Nam-Russia business forum and visit a number of local firms. — VNS
- Kim Set to Meet Putin, With Donald Trump on Both Men's Minds
- Russia One-Ups U.S. in Middle East as Lebanon Challenges Donald Trump’s Stance on Iran, Israel and Syria
- Netanyahu lands in Moscow for pre-election Putin meeting
- Israeli PM to meet Putin in Moscow
- Russia Accuses U.S. Intelligence Agencies of Preparing for Civil War and the Breakup of the Country
- Putin Orders 'Tit-For-Tat' Weapons Development After Trump Withdraws From Historic Nuclear Treaty
- Russia Will 'Respond' to 'New Threats' Created by Trump's Space Militarization, Russian Army Official Warns
- Kim Jong Un Plans Trip to Russia After Meeting With Donald Trump Falls Apart
- Here’s the Real Trump-Russia Hoax
- Russia’s Nuclear Bomber That Flew to Venezuela Just Got an Upgrade, Now Putin Wants a Passenger Version
- Russia Will Host Iran as U.S. Tries to Unite Allies Against It in Separate Summits
- Russia Is Eyeing Belarus—And It Might Spark a Conflict with the West Far Sooner than Ukraine
- Russia Reacts to Mueller Report News: We Told You So
- Putin vows to pump more cash into Russian space industries
- Nuclear 'Arms Race'? Russia Warns Main U.S. Treaty Limiting Weapons Will Be Next to Go After Trump Leaves Missile Pact
- Russia Lobbies for Syria to Rejoin Arab League
- U.S. Ally Turkey Gets Even Closer With Russia, Building Military Ties Across Europe and Asia
- Arrest of American Investor Is an 'Emergency' for Russia's Economy, Putin Ally Claims
- Russia's Most Powerful Nuclear Missile Is in Final Testing Stage and These Other Weapons Are Also On Their Way
- Russia Responds to Donald Trump's Latest Syria Move: 'We Do Not Understand'
President Nguyễn Xuân Phúc arrives in Moscow, beginning official visit to Russia at President Putin's invitation have 678 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.