Geneva (VNA) – Vietnamese President Nguyen Xuan Phuc spoke highly of the World Health Organisation (WHO)'s coordinating role in addressing global health issues during a meeting with Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghegreyesus at WHO Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, on November 28.
The meeting also saw the presence of Seth Berkley, CEO of the Vaccine Alliance (GAVI), and Aurélia Nguyen, Managing Director of the COVAX Facility.
The President voiced his support for the COVAX Facility and its operators, including WHO and GAVI, in promoting equitable and timely access to COVID-19 vaccines globally. He also took the occasion to announce that Vietnam will contribute an additional 500,000 USD to the COVAX Facility, raising its total voluntary donation to the vaccine-sharing scheme to 1 million USD. COVID-19 vaccine Nano Covax to join its global clinical trial programme./.
- WHO lists top 10 threats to global health in 2019
- 5 Reproductive Health Issues We Should Be Talking About
- Research Fellow- United Nations University- International Institute for Global Health
- Superbugs, Anti-Vaxxers Make WHO’s List Of 10 Global Health Threats
- Trump’s criminal justice policies could make this hidden public health issue even worse
- Niyo: Ex-UM lineman tackles mental health issues
- Beginning the process: shaping global health in a multipolar world for the next 25 years
- Blog Public health matters Global health
- Fossil fuels, development and health: should global health institutions divest?
- Global health and Mr Trump's "new world order"
- NYC’s first lady urges reporters to tackle mental health issues
- APRU Global Health Case Competition 2019
- ProPublica Series Sheds Light on Critical Maternal Health Issues in the United States
- At first SOAR summit session only about health, speakers agree local cooperation is needed to address Appalachia's health issues
- The power of ideas and the ideas of power: from research to policy in global health
- California’s Top Lawyer Cements His Role As Health Care Defender-In-Chief
- Imperative for covering climate change as health issue
- PhD research fellowship – Power and politics in global health
- Report: Global Warming Issue From 2 Or 3 Years Ago May Still Be Problem
- Lack of access to antibiotics is a major global health challenge
President appreciates WHO's coordinating role in global health issues have 368 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.