Hanoi (VNA) – Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh attended and delivered a keynote speech at the opening of the ASEAN High-Level Forum on Sub-Regional Cooperation for Sustainable Development and Inclusive Growth on November 30.
The forum, the first of its kind, provided ASEAN member states and their partners, regional and international organisations, and business community with a chance to discuss opportunities, challenges, potentials and orientations to promoting sub-regional development cooperation.
Speaking at the event, PM Chinh stressed that due to ASEAN's diversity, the development of sub-regions, which are all in important geographical locations, needs the bloc's attention.
Together with stepping up regional connectivity, it is important to connect areas and zones and ensure that they catch up with the common development of the region, he said.
He also called for strengthened solidarity and close cooperation among regional countries, which he said is a prerequisite to ensure inclusive and sustainable growth.
The Vietnamese leader pointed out three priorities that need to be promoted in sub-regional cooperation, including making the people the centre, goal and driver of development, enhancing regional and global coordination to improve capacity for sustainable sub-regional development, and strengthening infrastructure, economic and cultural connectivity to narrow development gap, thus facilitating sub-regional economic development.
Participants at the event suggested accelerating connectivity, promoting global integration and green growth, sustainably using and managing natural resources, responding to disasters and climate change, pushing digital transformation, developing human resources and bolstering tourism.
They underscored the reciprocal complementarity between sub-regions' development efforts and ASEAN's connectivity process, thus agreeing on a need to effectively capitalise on cooperation potential of sub-regions to offer more opportunities to enterprises in and outside the region.
Delegates spoke highly of Vietnam's role and contributions to promoting sub-regional development cooperation for the goal of even and sustainable growth in the region.
Ideas and recommendations at the event will be submitted to ASEAN leaders for consideration./.
- Vietnam leaves deep imprint on ASEAN’s 2020 cooperation: Ambassador
- VN leaves deep imprint on ASEAN’s 2020 cooperation: Ambassador
- Seminar looks back on Vietnam’s role as ASEAN 2020 Chair
- Việt Nam showcases flexibility and proactiveness as ASEAN Chair: seminar
- Policy priorities for a digital ASEAN
- Việt Nam fulfills its role as ASEAN Chair and member of UN Security Council: Minister
- Workshop talks ASEAN approach to maritime cooperation
- ASEAN, China cooperation lays groundwork for global economic recovery
- Maritime cooperation important for COVID-19 response, post-pandemic recovery: Forum
- ASEAN countries paying more attention to environmental cooperation
- ASEAN, RoK set up working-level dialogue on environment, climate change
- Vietnam, EU look to augment strategic cooperation
- India-Russia joint statement after PM Narendra Modi-Vladimir Putin meet: Full text
- Deputy PM praises int’l integration results in politics, security, defence
- ASEAN maritime cooperation reaps fruit amidst COVID-19
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Vietnam's PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc to hold virtual summit on December 21
- Vietnam, Cambodia work to further promote comprehensive cooperation
- ASEAN maritime cooperation reaps fruits amidst COVID-19
- Plastic products must be used in sustainable way: Deputy PM
- Vietnam important pillar in India's Indo-Pacific vision: PM Modi
PM outlines three priorities for ASEAN sub-regional cooperation have 525 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.