Chinh, on a three-day official visit to France at the invitation of his French counterpart Jean Castex, repeated his thanks to the French State and Government for their donation of 400,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccines via the bilateral mechanism and another 1 million doses via the COVAX Facility, saying that it is a manifestation of the close ties and strategic partnership between Vietnam and France.
For his part, Ferrand affirmed that France attaches importance to Vietnam's role and position in the region, and lauded the country's efforts in pandemic containment and economic recovery over the past time.
The leaders shared the view on the Vietnam-France special historic relationship with close bonds in many aspects, and expressed their resolve to deepen the strategic partnership across many spheres.
They said countries should uphold the sense of responsibility to contribute to peace, stability and prosperity in the region.
Ferrand emphasized the significance of maintaining security, safety and freedom of navigation and aviation at seas and oceans, including the East Sea (South China Sea), on the basis of compliance to principles of international law, particularly the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea 1982 (UNCLOS 1982).
PM Chinh suggested the French legislative body coordinate with the French Government to effectively implement the E.U.-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) and support the early ratification of the E.U.-Vietnam Investment Protection Agreement (EVIPA).
He also called on the French legislative body to back Vietnam in efforts to get the European Commission (E.C.) to remove the "yellow card" against Vietnamese fishery products, especially when France holds the E.U. Presidency in January 2022.
The PM thanked the French Government and parliament for creating favorable conditions for the Vietnamese community in the country, especially amid COVID-19, and noted his wish for further assistance in the time ahead.
Ferrand highly valued the Vietnamese community for their integration and successes in France.
PM Chinh conveyed an invitation to visit Vietnam from N.A. Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue to the French N.A. leader. Ferrand accepted the invitation with pleasure and said he is ready to welcome Hue to France early.
- Vietnam, Morocco eye stronger multifaceted cooperation
- Vietnam backs commitments to enhancing ties with Ivory Coast: PM
- US ambassador ends tenure, but will continue living in Vietnam
- PM Phuc meets world leaders on G20 Summit sidelines
- Friday the 13th coincidence: Up to a foot of snow in mid-April?
- DNA test company 23andMe now fueling medical research
- Prince Harry reveals he and Meghan Markle will only have TWO children to help save the planet (unlike William and Kate with three) - and says how 'unconscious bias' is causing racism in Britain in wife's Vogue
- Few Wells Are Tested For Contamination After Major Flooding From Hurricanes
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump and an eco legacy not his own
- How a Dorm Room Minecraft Scam Brought Down the Internet
PM lauds legislatures’ contributions to Vietnam-France ties have 475 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 16, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.