It was recorded on November 23 in Ho Chi Minh City that some products and many services set new price levels.
|Prices of vegetables at supermarkets are much higher than those at the beginning of November. (Photo: SGGP)|
Many essential products’ prices have risen by about 15 percent
At some markets in District 12 and Hoc Mon District, the prices of fresh vegetables and fruits increased slightly from VND3,000 to VND5,000 per kg. For example, Can Tho head mustard edged up to VND19,000 per kg; oranges rose to VND40,000 per kg; Dalat bananas went up to VND21,000 per kg. Seafood, pork, and chicken also rallied by VND5,000-VND10,000 per kg, depending on the type. For instance, red tilapia is currently priced at VND60,000-VND65,000 per kg; free-range chicken fetches VND60,000-VND70,000 per kg.
According to Deputy Director of HCMC Department of Industry and Trade Nguyen Nguyen Phuong, the department has organized the “focused promotion program in 2021 from November 15 to December 31 to help people buy goods at good prices as much as possible. At the same time, the Department of Industry and Trade has strengthened activities to connect supply and demand of goods with provinces, coordinated with the provinces and related departments to create the most favorable conditions for goods to be transported and brought to HCMC for consumption. Moreover, the unit has also accelerated the reopening of traditional markets that remained temporarily closed, gradually increasing the operational efficiency of wholesale markets to ensure the supply and demand of goods for the city market because when the supply of goods to the market is abundant, and consumers have more choices, commodity prices will be regulated better by the market.
No shortage of goods, price hike on Tet holiday
The Market Surveillance Authority in the localities strengthens local management, inspection, and market control to promptly detect and strictly handle violations.
Source: Sai Gon Giai Phong
- PM Dung’s New Year message
- Prime Minister Dung's New Year message
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 14/10
- No control on vaccine prices
- New path towards a socialist-oriented market economy
- Demand key to survival in moribund market
- The Government's Action Program to implement the 10th Party Resolution
- Vietnam economy strives to overcome new challenges
- Vietnam Needs Law against Transfer Pricing
- Social News in Brief
- BUSSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 25/8
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 22/3
- Cabinet reviews Chanchu rescue activities, economy
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 24/3
- Men arrested for stealing gene research devices
- The Government's regular meeting - April 2011
- Key solutions for controlling inflation, stabilizing macro-economy, and ensuring social welfare
- The Government's regular meeting - April 2017
- Press digest - March 26
- Press digest – July 22
Ministry takes action as market sets up new price levels have 414 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.