Kien Giang for example proposes to build a water supply system spanning 97 km that will reach An Bien, An Minh, U Minh Thuong, and Vinh Thuan districts. To cost around VND881 billion, it will supply 30,000 cubic meters of untreated water daily when completed by 2025.
Kien Giang expects it to help transition from groundwater and resolve the water shortage that plagues the province in the dry season every year. It is expected to be approved by the People's Council next month.
Dong Thap plans to spend VND22 billion on a project to supply clean water to over 13,800 families in Tan Hong and Tam Nong Districts.
It will have a capacity of 5,000 cubic meters a day and is expected to be finished by 2023.
Piped supply of clean water has been on the wish list of people, especially in areas that have a large number of ponds to farm fish. Wastewater is a common cause of water pollution in these places in the province.
- U.S. Water Supply System Being Targeted By Cybercriminals
- Mekong Delta able to reach levels 1-2 flood peak in 2021
- Hospitals in Mekong Delta confront severe blood shortage for emergency situation
- Millions of tons of rice in Mekong Delta seek ways for consumption
- Off-season fruits prove lucrative for Mekong Delta farmers
- Mekong Delta attractive to renewable energy investment
- Alton Towers shut as damage from 'apocalyptic' thunderstorm cuts water supply
- GLOBALink | To protect Chinese sturgeon, China spends 100 mln yuan more to build Yangtze River Bridge
- Bac Lieu province focuses on developing collective economy
- Food surplus in southern provinces, shortage in HCM City
- VN female scientist receives 'The Most Downloaded Paper' Award for research on Mekong basin
- Drought Prompts California To Halt Some Water Diversions
- A Water Expert Lays Out the West’s Risky Future in the Megadrought Era
- Mekong-US Partnership meeting stresses cooperation on sustainable development
- Over 4 mln people in Lebanon risk losing access to water: UNICEF
- Sotto: Senate panel to probe water shortage next Tuesday
- Drought Prompts California To Limit Some Water Diversions
- Calif. Imposes Major Water Cutbacks For Farmers As Drought Crisis Deepens
- A water crisis is creating nightmare conditions across the Middle East
- Unsafe Lead Levels in Tap Water Not Limited to Flint
Mekong Delta provinces to spend $39 mln on water supply systems have 349 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.