|Hitachi Group proposes to develop railway projects in Vietnam|
At a meeting with Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh, Higashihara Toshiaki, chairman of Hitachi Group proposed to expand its operations in Vietnam in sectors including environment, health, and especially railway.
Higashihara Toshiaki said, "At first, Hitachi expected to study the plan to develop the railway projects on the Ho Chi Minh City-Can Tho section and collect experience to expand to other railway projects."
PM Chinh stated that Vietnam is calling investment into numerous sectors, including sectors that Hitachi is interested in. He proposed that the group's representatives work with ministries and relevant authorities in Vietnam's party to have more information.
Earlier this month, the Vietnam Railway Authority has proposed the Ministry of Transport to call for foreign investment in six projects.
The rail projects comprise one running to the northern port city of Haiphong, the Bien Hoa-Vung Tau and Trang Bom-Hoa Hung projects, the eastern ring railway in Hanoi, the light railway from Thu Thiem to Long Thanh International Airport, and the Vung Ang-Tan Ap-Mu Gia rail route.
These projects are under the railway network planning for 2021-2030, with a vision towards 2050. According to the planning, by 2050, Vietnam will have an additional 18 railway routes with a total length of 6,354km, along with seven existing routes.
In 2021-2030, the projects prioritised for investment include the North-South railway project linking Hanoi with Ho Chi Minh City, and the upgrading of several other existing railway routes. The total capital needed for these projects is estimated at VND240 trillion ($10.43 billion).
By Oanh Nguyen
- Canada's Vision Transportation Group proposes developing metro project
- Vietnam warns contractor of Chinese-funded railway project over safety violations
- Ministry to transfer operation rights to railway projects
- Vietnam may reconsider major railway project
- Vietnam to borrow additional $250mn from China for urban railway project
- Railway project mulled to link up HCMC and Can Tho
- Manager of railway projects suspended for ODA-related corruption probe
- Chinese-contracted railway project in Hanoi suffers 57% cost overrun
- Vietnam to restart express railway project
- Japan supports Hanoi's urban railway project
- Ministry orders the replacement of managers of railway projects
- Investors sought for 1.2 billion USD urban railway project
- Faster progress of Cat Linh-Ha Dong railway project requested
- Reservations, optimism as Vietnam lawmakers debates railway project
- NA committee approves trans-Vietnam railway project
- Investors neglect BOT railway projects
- NA Standing Committee discusses super-railway project
- First elevated railway project in Hanoi gets rolling
- Urban railway projects move slowly
- North-south express railway project reasonable, says minister
Hitachi Group proposes to develop railway projects in Vietnam have 398 words, post on vir.com.vn at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.