More than 14.4 million doses are needed for booster shots, over 1.5 million doses to vaccinate children aged 12 to 17 and more than two million are for children aged 3-11, said Nguyen Hoai Nam, director of the city's Health Department.
In a statement sent Thursday to the General Department of Preventive Medicine under the Ministry of Health, he also said that from now until the year-end, the city will need around four million doses for children aged 12 and above.
The vaccines required this year include 696,000 AstraZeneca, more than 60,000 Pfizer and over 264,000 Sinopharm doses.
As of Oct. 31, the city had been allocated more than 14.2 million doses of different Covid-19 vaccines.
The city has administered more than 13.7 million doses, with around 5.9 million people fully vaccinated. HCMC has also transferred 900,000 doses to other localities as requested by the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology.
- My little boy, 9, died just two days after catching the flu – more kids need to get vaccinated
- Study reveals just ONE dose of the HPV vaccine could be as effective as the standard 2-3 doses recommended by doctors
- Wrongfully imprisoned man demands $4.3 mln in compensation
- Injecting tuberculosis vaccine straight into the bloodstream makes the 100-year-old shot far more effective
- Vietnam health facility overwhelmed by vaccination registrations amidst side-effects scare
- Century-Old Tuberculosis Vaccine May Work Better If Given In New Way
- Seattle school system says if students aren't vaccinated, they can't return to classes
- Seattle public school students barred from returning until they get vaccinations
- Let 16-year-olds vote
- Just 1 dose of the HPV vaccine may protect against infection, new study suggests
- If my measles shot was years ago, am I still protected? 5 questions answered
- Delivering TB vaccine intravenously vastly improves efficacy: study
- Lifelong Protection Against Flu? New Vaccine Shows Promise
- Chinese vaccine for HPV approved
- Adults who were vaccinated in the 1960s may need a measles booster
- No More Flu Shot? Search Begins for Universal Influenza Vaccine
- New malaria vaccine pilots in Africa
- Australia's most outspoken sports star and father Anthony Mundine tells parents NOT to vaccinate their children in alarming Facebook post - as measles outbreak spreads across the country
- Vaccine for Memory Loss Comes Closer to Reality
- The flu shot saves lives. Why aren't migrants in US custody vaccinated?
HCMC needs 18 mln vaccine doses next year have 351 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 13, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.