HCM CITY — The non-profit Nippon Foundation and the Japan Science Society on Wednesday donated English books about Japan to HCM City Open University's library as a part of their Read Japan Project.
Speaking at the ceremony at the HCM City Open University, Dr Nguyễn Minh Hà, rector of HCM City Open University, said these books will be useful references for students majoring in Japanese language and in other majors.
The goal of the READ JAPAN PROJECT is to use outstanding books to provide readers around the world with an accurate picture of Japan.
The Nippon Foundation hopes to reach out to young researchers who are interested in Japan, as well as opinion leaders and intellectuals specializing in areas other than Japanese studies.
The project, launched in 2008, has donated books to 1,130 institutions in 138 countries as of July 2021.
The foundation says that it has been making significant efforts promoting the understanding of Japan to overseas countries and working closely with different governmental bodies over the years.
However, further information and data about Japan are still needed and will be provided to opinion leaders and intellectuals in foreign countries. — VNS
- Broyles’ playbook now the Good Book
- Trio of bid cities give 2020 Olympic files to IOC
- Manchester City the most important club in the world?
- Amaechi: NBA ahead of English soccer
- Players react to disaster in Japan
- Balotelli, Tevez highlight City woes
- IOC panel sets off on visits to 2020 bid cities
- FIFA to investigate bribery claims
- Rogge stepping down from IOC
- John Wooden, former UCLA coach, dies
- TEXAS NATIVE WALKER GETS HIS DREAM JOB AS COLLEGE COACH
- Former UCLA basketball coach John Wooden dies
- Maverick Carter out to silence critics
- Former sumo wrestler takes on college football
- Ultimate seven-round mock draft
- Lori Soares' mother comes forward in doc about shocking murder, says she forgives her killer son-in-law
- The best TV of 2018 so far
- Brexit: a disaster decades in the making
- I Went on a Quest for Legit Health Tips at Gwyneth’s Goop Summit
- 46 Times Vox Totally Fucked Up A Story
HCM City university receives English books about Japan as part of Read Japan Project have 356 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.