HCM CITY — The HCM City Department of Transport plans to earmark VNĐ225 trillion (US$9.89 billion) for 59 key transport infrastructure projects in 2021-25.
It has sent a proposal about them to the Department of Planning and Investment to begin planning.
Of the amount, about VNĐ115.6 trillion ($5.07 billion) will be sourced from the central Government.
Three ring roads are among the projects.
Investment procedures have not been finalised for three remaining sections of Ring Road No. 2 running more than 11km and estimated to cost VNĐ26 trillion ($1.14 billion) including for acquiring land.
The VNĐ93 trillion ($3.97 billion) Ring Road No.3 will be more than 90km long, pass through HCM City and Đồng Nai, Bình Dương and Long An provinces and be built under a public-private partnership.
Ring Road No. 4 will be a 198km expressway running through HCM City and the provinces of Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu, Bình Dương, Đồng Nai and Long An, and its construction is expected to start before 2030.
Priority will also be given to four supporting infrastructure and other projects for the city's metro routes, and they will cost nearly VNĐ2.3 trillion ($101 million).
They include work to connect the under-construction first bus rapid transit route (BRT No. 1) with metro line No. 1 that will run between Bến Thành Market in District 1 and Suối Tiên Theme Park in Thủ Đức, connect metro line No. 1 and 2 at the Bến Thành Central Station, install elevators at station pedestrian bridges on metro line No. 1, and set up a monitoring system for the route.
The HCM City-Mộc Bài Expressway between the city and Tây Ninh Province, and the HCM City – Thủ Dầu Một – Chơn Thành Expressway to Bình Phước Province through Bình Dương will cost VNĐ15.9 trillion ($699 million) and VNĐ21.2 trillion ($932 million).
Some VNĐ10 trillion ($439.5 million) is needed for construction of the Cần Giờ Bridge between Nhà Bè and Cần Giờ districts, and VNĐ5.3 trillion ($233 million) for the Thủ Thiêm 4 Bridge between Thủ Đức City and District 7.
The department has also listed construction of several new roads and bridges, widening and upgrades of existing roads, building new wharves, preventing erosion, and other works. — VNS
- HCM City to consider logistics development plan
- NA Standing Committee approves Thu Duc City establishment
- HCM City unveils 517 million USD aid package for SMEs
- HCM City speeds up projects to improve quality of life for urbanites
- HCM City to build more than 400 waterway berths
- Apps, technology use improve traffic management in HCM City
- HCM City sets aside land for waste transfer stations
- HCM City’s industrial production index up 3.4 percent in November
- HCM City - Long Thanh-Dau Giay Expressway to be enlarged
- City steps up preventive measures after new COVID-19 cases detected
- Poor investment hinders waterway transport growth
- Dong Thap flower, ornamental plant output surges
- Many real estate firms owe tax as projects die
- PM seeks to control Tet transport prices
- VND4 trillion tower: no buyer after 10 years
- Transport ministry proposes expressway linking HCMC with cash crop province
- HCM City draws up plans for underground space, seeks private sector financing
- HCMC carries out many solutions to make logistics become key service industry
- Transport Ministry to develop Bien Hoa-Vung Tau Expy project
- Boris Johnson brings in the Army to help roll out 'rapid turnaround' tests for Covid for 'whole cities within days'
HCM City transport department unveils key transport projects worth trillions of đồng have 568 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.