The medical equipment, worth VND 21 billion in total, donated by the German Government, will further help the Vietnamese Government in its combat against the COVID-19 pandemic.
These gifts also serve as clear evidence for the intensive cooperative relationship between Vietnam and Germany in the context that the two countries are celebrating the 10th anniversary of the establishment of their strategic partnership.
Earlier in August, Vietnamese Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh asked his German counterpart Angela Merkel to support Vietnam in its COVID-19 pandemic prevention and control by providing vaccines and medical supplies.
In her response letter, German Prime Minister Angela Merkel promised that together with vaccines, the country will provide ventilators and pulse oximeters to Vietnam. The medical equipment arrived at Noi Bai International Airport on November 13 and was transported to the hospital.
At the handover ceremony, German Ambassador to Vietnam Guido Hildner expressed delight at handing over the important medical equipment to Vietnam. He expected that the equipment will support Vietnam in treating severe COVID-19 patients and saving their lives.
Affirming that by working together, we can defeat the pandemic, the German diplomat promised that Germany will stand side by side with Vietnam and will continue supporting Vietnam in the fight against the pandemic.
In September, the country provided a total of 3.45 billion AstraZeneca vaccine doses to support Vietnam's vaccination campaign.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Germany, Vietnam combine efforts to combat COVID-19
- Vietnamese alumni raise funds to support German fight against COVID-19
- Germany and Vietnam continue to fight together against Corona virus
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 14
- Friendship Association presents 80,000 face masks to Germany
- Vietnam and Germany join hands to fight against coronavirus
- China furiously hits back at coronavirus cover-up claims with 11,000-word article quoting Lincoln after President Xi was accused of 'personally asking the WHO to hold back information and delaying the global response by four to six WEEKS'
Germany supports Vietnam in COVID-19 fight have 313 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.