The 36-year-old woman was among 400 workers vaccinated against Covid-19 with the Vero Cell vaccine at the Kim Viet Shoe Company in Nong Cong District in the north central province on Tuesday. Dozens of people later exhibited side effects, with around 17 taken to hospitals.
Three people died on Wednesday. All were women aged 25-30.
The 36-year-old woman died on Thursday.
On Thursday, authorities announced the cause of death of the first three women was “anaphylactic shock following Vero Cell vaccination.” They said procedures to receive, transport and store the vaccine doses at the Thanh Hoa Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Nong Cong medical station and the vaccination station at the Kim Viet Shoe Company were appropriate in accordance with regulations imposed by the health ministry and the national vaccination program.
“The vaccination procedures, health screening and monitoring post-vaccination were done properly. No technical mistake has been detected from the processes,” said Trinh Huu Hung, director of the Thanh Hoa Health Department.
The department has stopped using the Vero Cell vaccine batch involved in the incident. Before the workers exhibited side effects, around 10,000 shots have been given.
Thanh Hoa has recorded over 2,000 Covid-19 cases in the fourth coronavirus wave, with 12 dead. Over 2.3 million Covid-19 vaccine shots have been given in the province.
- Alleged Epstein accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell arrested by FBI
- NHS chief warns of Super Saturday 'pub-ageddon' as Matt Hancock declares drunken thugs will be thrown into jail if they break the law as bars and restaurants reopen from 6am
- Planet virus: seven novelists from around the world on living with the pandemic
- Trump invites fear to the party
- Europeans pack onto beaches and throng to bars and cafes as life begins to return to normal - but WHO warns they should be preparing for a SECOND deadly wave of coronavirus, not celebrating
Fourth woman dies after Covid vaccination have 298 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.