HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam welcomed over 15,000 foreign tourists in November, up 42.4 per cent from October, according to the General Statistics Office (GSO).
The rise is attributed to the Government's decision to allow a pilot programme to welcome back international tourists who join package tours via either charter flights or international commercial flights to designated places and tourism facilities in Phú Quốc (Kiên Giang), Khánh Hoà, Quảng Nam, Đà Nẵng and Quảng Ninh.
In the first 11 months of this year, the number of foreign tourist arrivals to Việt Nam was 140,100, down 96.3 per cent year-on-year.
Of the total, the number of visitors arriving by air accounted for 68.9 per cent, down 96.9 per cent; by road accounted for 30.7 per cent, down 92.9 per cent, and by sea made up 0.4 per cent, down 99.7 per cent.
General Director of the Việt Nam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) Nguyễn Trùng Khánh said the event to welcome the first group of international holidaymakers to Việt Nam this month was an important step to gradually revive the tourism sector towards full reopening and economic development, after nearly two years of border closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In order to enhance the effectiveness of the "Live fully in Việt Nam" campaign , VNAT is actively implementing activities to promote and stimulate tourism recovery, including promoting images, video clips and articles on both domestic and international communication channels. — VNS
- ISIS beheading image was sent to victim's MOTHER: Fanatics 'gloated about filming the killing of Scandinavian tourist and her friend in Morocco'
- China Built the World’s Largest Telescope. Then Came the Tourists
- Israel Books Record Tourist Numbers as U.S., Europe Travelers Dominate
- Malaysian Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng says country can grow 5 per cent and handle its debts
- Hydro-floating solar farms: new opportunity for Vietnam’s renewable energy sector
- 25 NEW FACES UPDATE #6
- Watch live: President Trump delivers address on border security
- Trump to 2004 graduates: 'If there's a wall in front of you, go through it, go over it, go around'
- Watch live: President Trump visits Southern border of U.S.
- President Trump visits southern border of U.S.
- VIDEO: NorCal deputy breaks window to free bear trapped in car
- Mama deer with head stuck in jar rescued by wildlife officials near Auburn
- Progressives Attack ‘Remain in Mexico’ Program for Migrants
- NorCal residents concerned about mother deer with jar stuck on head
- 'Did you eat my peacocks?' Mountain lion breaks into wildlife sanctuary, slays birds
- On the Southern Circuit During the Season of Republican Resurgence: Hot Springs, Savannah, Memphis & Key West
- Chinese Asylum Claims in Australia Triple as Migration Visas Grow Scarce
- India Has More than 630,000 Illegals in the United States
- Malaysia's Najib Pleads Not Guilty To Charges In 1MDB Graft Probe
- Cannes 2016: Competition Blog - 'Elle, the end...'
Foreign tourist arrivals to Việt Nam up 42.4 per cent in November as country tentatively reopens have 501 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.