A Vietnam Airlines flight departing from Korea landed at Da Nang Airport yesterday, bringing nearly 30 foreign tourists to local destinations under a pilot programme to welcome back foreign travelers after a hiatus caused by COVID-19.
Upon their arrival, the tourists were transferred to New Word Hoiana Hotel in Duy Hai Commune where they plan to make a tour of local destinations in the coming days.
This is the first group of foreign travelers who have booked package tours to Vietnam under a pilot programme for vaccinated visitors.
Quang Nam is scheduled to receive another two groups of tourists flying from the RoK via flights put on by Vietjet Air and Bamboo Airways on November 18 and November 25, respectively.
The three flights will therefore bring a total of over 300 foreign visitors to Quang Nam Province.
They will join an eight-day-seven-night package tour of Hoi An ancient city, My Son relic site, and several entertainment areas, according to Nguyen Nhu Nam, general director of Vietnam TravelMART travel company.
Vietnam has closed its skies to air travel to combat COVID-19 since late April 2020. The Government recently allowed five localities, including Quang Nam, to welcome back vaccinated visitors from abroad under a pilot programme.
Many other localities such as Ho Chi Minh City and Binh Thuan have longed to receive back foreign travelers who bring a large amount of hard currency to local coffers. However, the move depends on the actual situation of the COVID-19 outbreak in their areas.
- Sri Lanka reopens to tourists after 9 months
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 29
- Quang Ninh serves over 140,000 tourists in first two days of 2021
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 5
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 6
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 4
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 10
- Foreign arrivals to Việt Nam plummet 79 per cent in 2020
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 5
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 31
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 9
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 4
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 30
- Vietnam economy to expand 7.1 pct in 2021: UOB
- Vietnam’s tourism ready to recover in 2021
- Vietnam loses 14 million int'l arrivals to COVID-19: General Statistics Office
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 8
- 10 jailed in Vietnam over tourist disappearance scandal in Taiwan
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 1
- With COVID-19 under control, Vietnam's tourism sector banks on domestic travel
First international tourists arrive in Vietnam after months of sky closure have 356 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.