The 53-kilometer Road 770B would include eight lanes, connecting Dinh Quan, Thong Nhat, Cam My districts and Long Khanh Town to Long Thanh Airport, whose first phase construction began earlier this year.
Besides improving airport connectivity, the brand new road would also enable transport of goods from industrial parks to Cai Mep – Thi Vai Port.
When in operation, the route would contribute to reducing overload on National Highway 20, Provincial Road 769, especially in the area of Dau Giay Town in Thong Nhat District.
The project is estimated to cost VND12.5 trillion.
Another project costing VND5.5 trillion is is expected to expand and extend Road 773 to more than 51 kilometers, with six to eight lanes and connecting Xuan Loc and Cam My districts with the airport.
According to the provincial Department of Transport, construction on the two roads would be carried out during the 2021-2025 period as the first phase of Long Thanh Airport is expected to complete in the first half of 2025.
Dong Nai bordering HCMC is becoming a major industrial hub as foreign companies continue to shift their production to Vietnam.
The government earlier said the airport construction should be completed in the first half of 2025, and that it would become operational by the end of that year.
Long Thanh Airport will have an annual capacity of 100 million passengers and five million tons of cargo. It is set to be the largest in Vietnam, sharing the load of Tan Son Nhat Airport in HCMC.
- Marshall announces relocation of Cambridge Airport
- Kids have long road to heal after Oklahoma police shooting
- The 16 people who have been in court in Hull this week
- The criminals put behind bars in Greater Manchester last month
- If Monopoly was set in Surrey these would be the property spaces
- Are Germany and France ready for Brexit?
- Chris Grayling finally out of government
- ‘Rare’ multi-million pound property near the A23 for sale
- The 50 best pubs in Wales in 2019
- Thunberg ahoy! Turning the oil tanker
- Flood planners 'must prepare for worst'
- BRI: One initiative, multiple perceptions
- Largest US immigration raids in a decade net 680 arrests
- European elections: View from your region
- Is Orkney 'in the fast lane' on electric vehicles?
- Ten things Spain does better than any other country
Dong Nai seeks $180 mln for Long Thanh Airport road link have 359 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.