Digitization is a common trend of many industries and fields in the era of the fourth industrial revolution, so culture and art are no exception.
Thanks to digitization, Vietnamese cultural products are created favorable conditions to promote globally, increase interaction with the public, and store conveniently. However, it is not an easy thing to do.
|Graffiti exhibition “Urban layers” uses augmented reality (AR) technology. (Photo: SGGP)|
Adopting many new technologies
|‘Chi Tu Hau’ (Ms. Tu Hau) one of classic Vietnamese films that have been digitized. (Photo: SGGP)|
According to Mr. Le Tuan Anh, Deputy Head of the Technical Department of the Vietnam Film Institute, since the end of 2005, the institute has carried out the digitization process. Especially, since 2015, it has equipped a 2K film scanner system and has digitized about 4,000 films so far. However, constant technology change is one of the huge obstacles. With each technological change, the digitization work will have to start all over again. The cost and time required for copying the entire volume of data each time are not small. The challenge is to both acquire new technology and, at the same time, continue to maintain and preserve traditional plastic films. In fact, many precious documentaries have been seriously damaged and degraded.
An outstanding issue in digitization is the issue of copyright. The Vietnam Film Institute launched a YouTube channel and posted nine films in mid-July. Controversies over whether this unit is allowed to publicize without the permission of the producer and the Department of Cinematography or not still have no satisfactory answers.
Source: Sai Gon Giai Phong
- Strategy for Cultural Development to 2030 receives go-ahead
- Young people need to be equipped with bravery and good cultural ‘resistance'
- The Best Documentaries on Netflix Right Now (November 2021) | Digital Trends
- 'Didn't expect people to be so hardcore': Creator of SafeEntry-themed game reacts to Reddit fame, reveals if there will be a sequel
- The Best Animal Crossing Games, Ranked | Digital Trends
- Arc System Works reveal new fighter DNF Duel with smashing trailer
- The Best Family Movies on Disney+ Right Now (November 2021) | Digital Trends
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 20
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 23
- 85 best documentaries on Netflix to watch right now
- Stantec Inc (STN) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- After Five Years Of Transformation, GM CIO Randy Mott Has The Company Primed For Innovation
- Infosys commits to provide Salesforce 500 tech jobs
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 16
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 17
- Golf in China Is Younger Than Tiger Woods, but Growing Up Fast
- My Say: Shaping a new generation of diplomats
- The Game Awards Nominees: ‘Deathloop,’ ‘Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart’ Lead 2021 List
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS NOVEMBER 22
- Home Depot (HD) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
Culture, art strive to digitize have 426 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.