Coronation Street: Michelle wipes her lips after kissing Robert
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Michelle (played by Kym Marsh) hasn’t been seen on Coronation Street in almost two years following the death of her partner, Robert Preston (Tristan Gemmill). The beloved character still has ties to Weatherfield as her son, Ryan Connor (Ryan Prescott) is still living on the cobbles and most recently, her uncle Johnny Connor (Richard Hawley) died in the ITV soap’s stunt week. It might be she will make her way back to Manchester to pay her last respects to her loved one and even though it might be a guest stint, she might have a former lover on her arm in the form of Ciaran McCarthy (Keith Duffy).
Over the years, Ciaran has made a couple of appearances on the show, with his longest stint being between 2002 and 2005.
He just missed Michelle the first time around as she made her arrival in 2006 and fell into a complicated romance with Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson).
However, when the cobbles heartthrob returned for the show’s 50th anniversary in 2010, he managed to win over the Rovers Return barmaid.
This was always the storyline Boyzone Keith was going to return to the programme with after a five-year hiatus, with his character immediately falling head over heels for Michelle.
After being in a relationship for some time, they decided they were both going to leave Weatherfield and work on a cruise together.
Coronation Street’s Michelle Connor returns to Weatherfield with former lover? (Image: ITV)
Coronation Street spoilers: Michelle Connor made an exit in 2019 (Image: ITV)
When they returned to the show some months later, the pair were still a couple and their travels had cemented their relationship.
Though Michelle wanted to settle down in Manchester and build a family, Ciaran was still looking for something more and wanted to see more of the world.
Because of their differences in what the future held for them, the beloved characters decided to go their separate ways.
This left them and the viewers at home devastated as they hoped the romance would go the distance and in 2011, Keith made his exit from the show as the heartthrob.
It’s been 10 years since he made his last appearance and Michelle is also no longer on the cobbles but recent developments could force her to return.
Coronation Street spoilers: Ciaran McCarthy star Keith Duffy is up for a return (Image: ITV)
I’d never say never
At first, she could return alone, joining her family such as Carla Connor (Alison King) at Johnny’s funeral to lay him to rest.
With so much time having passed following her exit, her friends and family will want to know what she has been up to in Ireland.
As it’s almost two years since Robert was shot dead, Michelle could explain she has finally been ready to give romance another shot.
She would be pressed for answers on who the lucky man is and just as she is about to say his name, Ciaran could walk through the door of the Rovers Return.
The residents of Weatherfield would be happy to see the heartthrob back with Michelle as their relationship ended amicably a decade ago.
DON’T MISS… Corrie’s Will Mellor feared brain tumour after health issue on set [COMMENT] Beverley Callard health: Actress left in ‘excruciating pain’ – symptom [COMMENT] Jane Danson health: Corrie star’s ‘heartbreaking’ health experience [COMMENT]
Coronation Street spoilers: Michelle Connor and Ciaran McCarthy could return together (Image: ITV)
Ciaran didn’t cheat on his partner at the time, neither did he leave to cause her any upset, but they just weren’t on the same page.
Recently, Keith spoke out on wanting to reprise his role, stating: “I’d never say never. I love what I do at the moment but it would be wrong to say I’d never go back.”
In an interview with the Daily Star Online, the actor and musician admitted: “Corrie was very good [to him]” so viewers could be seeing Ciaran crop up again in the future.
Last year, he also explained to the publication: “Since I left I've been approached on a couple of occasions about the possibility of going back but it never suited my timescale."
The actress who plays Michelle, Kym, has also never ruled out a return to the weeknight serial drama after bowing out from her role after 13 years in 2019.
Speaking to press, including Express.co.uk, Kym said at the time of her exit: “The producer and I very much equally saw this is a break.
“This isn't me saying goodbye. I love the character and I love the show and wouldn't want to shut the door on that.
“There are no set plans or date of when I'm coming back, but it is very much a conversation to be had in the future, and when it works for us all. Unless they kill me off-screen!"
More recently, Kym added: “Obviously I do miss Coronation Street. I still keep in touch with everybody there and when I left, I did say it wouldn’t be the end of Michelle.
“They did leave the door open and I would like to think that I would go back at some point. When, who knows? But one day definitely,” she told TV Times Magazine.
With both characters ready to return in the future, they could make a comeback on a lengthier basis following Johnny’s funeral.
They could have decided they’ve had enough of travelling the world and want to return to the place they both used to call home.
Though, with Ryan all grown up and no longer needing a father figure, will there be a struggle between him and Ciaran as they try to get along?
Taking to Twitter, fans are eager to see Michelle return to the show, with Barz writing: “Wow Carla is now credited on #Corrie as Carla Barlow.
“It’s truly a new era and feels like the end of the Connor dynasty at least until Michelle returns!”
- As Coronation Street recasts Todd Grimshaw, the biggest soap recasts from EastEnders’ Ben to Emmerdale’s Robert
- Why did Kym Marsh quit Coronation Street?
- Coronation Street star Chris Gascoyne leaves soap set with wife Caroline after she lands a role on show as a doctor
- What happened in the David Platt rape case in Coronation Street, who is rapist Josh Tucker and did he get revenge?
- Coronation Street spoilers: Debbie Webster returning to save Kevin from ‘unsuitable’ Abi Franklin
- Coronation Street wedding nightmare as Maria and Gary couldn’t touch, says Samia Longchambon
- Coronation Street under fire for failing to use face masks in Dev’s shop
- Coronation Street's Chris Gascoyne leaves set with wife as she lands role alongside him
- Coronation Street set to air its first Covid-19 storyline with nurse Aggie Bailey separated from her family while she works the NHS frontline
- Coronation Street’s Abi Franklin set for drugs horror as she faces relapse
- Coronation Street films world's first socially distanced stunt as Gary Windass pushes Sarah Platt out of the way of a speeding car in high-stakes scene
- 14 huge Coronation Street spoilers including Tim Metcalfe’s exit and Todd Grimshaw’s explosive return
- Coronation Street’s Jack P. Shepherd shares rare photos of backstage at the soap
- Is Faye Windass going to expose Geoff in Coronation Street?
- Nine Coronation Street spoilers for next week including Sally’s huge decision and Adam Barlow’s big discovery
- 'I hardly recognised him!' Coronation Street fans stunned by Craig Tinker's huge transformation as actor Colson Smith showcases his incredible weight loss on screen for the first time
- Coronation Street to be rocked by a giant SINKHOLE opening up on the cobbles
- Coronation Street's 60th anniversary celebrated with 12 unique Royal Mail stamps
- Coronation street actress Mollie Gallagher looks completely different as she takes a break from filming
- Coronation Street legends Suranne Jones, Julie Goodyear and Sarah Lancashire returning for 60th anniversary special
Coronation Street's Michelle Connor returns to Weatherfield with former lover? have 1514 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.