The 7th Buckwheat Flower Festival in Ha Giang Province has been held online for the first time, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Audiences can tune to the festival, the theme of which is 'Hoa của Đá' (Flower of the Stone), from November 27.
The 45-minute festival was recorded and broadcast on central and local television channels, as well as the digital platforms of FPT Corporation and other social networks.
Throughout the video, the audience can experience the panorama of Ha Giang Province; learn more about the process of renewal and development of the province and the beauty of nature in the rocky plateau.
The virtual festival provides images of many scenic spots and monuments in the geopark area, such as the buckwheat fields in bloom and other cultural, tourist and extreme sports activities.
|The buckwheat flowers of Ha Giang have become symbolic of the province. — Photo courtesy of vietnamplus.vn|
The event also includes a series of performances by many artists, including the singing and dancing performance 'Trầm tích cao nguyên đá' (Sediment of the rocky plateau), the dance 'Hồn khèn' (The soul of Khèn), the song 'Đường về tây Côn Lĩnh' (The way to the west of Côn Lĩnh), and the singing and dancing medley 'Hà Giang buckwheat flower season and Hà Giang colours'. It is hoped that these performances will showcase the unique culture of the rocky plateau.
In recent years, buckwheat flowers on the Dong Van Karst Plateau Geopark have become a tourist icon of Ha Giang Province. Not only used as a traditional food of ethnic people, buckwheat flowers also bring a poetic beauty, creating a unique feature in the mountainous highlands.
October to December is when the buckwheat flowers bloom on the Dong Van Karst Plateau. This is an opportunity for Ha Giang to promote and introduce products from the province to domestic and international tourists.
After six seasons, Ha Giang Province’s Buckwheat Flower Festival has become a major cultural event attracting a large number of tourists from all over the world. This year, despite many restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the province’s flexible approach to organising the Buckwheat Flower Festival online has allowed people from all around the world to tune in.
|A family tuning in to watch the 7th Buckwheat Flower Festival, thanks to its online format. — Photo courtesy of Ha Giang TV|
To participate in the 7th Buckwheat Flower Festival, audiences can visit Ha Giang TV’s Youtube channel or the homepage of Ha Giang newspaper at: http://www.baohagiang.vn.
Source: Vietnam News
- Flower festival set to celebrate 50th anniversary of Sheringham church
- Flower festival to brighten up Sutton church
- Flower festival and open gardens weekend in Chinnor
- Flower festival to mark centenary of the end of the First World War
- Support for St Wilfrid’s hospice appeal at Chichester flower festival
- Dueling festivals held in Asbury Park
- The best locations for culture vultures: live near Britain's best arts festivals
- This Columbia music festival just got some national love
- Glorious sunshine for Women’s Camanachd primary festival
- American Samoa represented at Football For Hope Festival Russia
- Eid al-Fitr – what time will the moon be visible in the UK to mark the end of Ramadan 2018?
- UNIAN: Ukraine may almost triple buckwheat imports in MY 2017/2018
- Drug-testing facilities should be used at all UK festivals after Mutiny deaths, urge experts
- In crowded food truck scene, Minneapolis' first mobile flower shop creates its own lane
- Flower arrangers pay homage to the City of London at Aldborough church festival
- Cream teas sell out at flower and crafts festival in Chinnor
- Rockport to host first Art Festival after Hurricane Harvey
- Glastonbury-style festival is being held on Teesside
- How Arroyo Seco Weekend infused Pasadena into its festival culture
- Catholics embrace Filipino festivals
Buckwheat flower festival held online for first time have 630 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.