The British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City is collaborating with British artist Richard J Fawcett to present an exhibition honoring the beauty of HCM City.
The Megacity Panorama Exhibition features seven artworks, including a hand-drawn 360-degree view of the city's skyline, drawn in 2015, and reproduced at 15 meters long on the Consulate's Le Duan wall.
"I dreamed of this moment for years; we talked about it for over a year, we planned it for months, we made it in weeks, and installed it in a day. However, it's taken a lifetime to get here," shared Fawcett, who has lived in HCM City for over 10 years.
"I am deeply emotional that my work is starting to get more recognition and is embraced by the local Vietnamese society as the pen and ink techniques used are not something people see much of here. It really is the proudest achievement so far in my artistic journey here in Vietnam."
The Megacity Panorama Exhibition is open to the public for the next six months until the work comes down and the organizers auction off the pieces for local children's charities with a closing party in the garden inside the British Consulate-General next year.
"The last decade has been meaningful in terms of the development of UK-Vietnam diplomatic relations. In 2020, the UK and Vietnam celebrated 10 years of strategic partnership and concluded the UK-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement, signaling our deepening political and trade cooperation," the British Embassy in Vietnam said in a statement.
"We are proud to celebrate these milestones, and pleased to show our appreciation for the beautiful and dynamic city of HCM City through this exhibition," it said.
- Newcastle aims to boost trade links with India as it hosts consul general
- British Museum to open new Islamic culture gallery
- Katherine Brewster: Hunt for 27-year-old British woman missing after walking into Brazilian forest to meditate
- Modern Botany: The little beauty brand that could
- Local Royal British Legion members to represent Devon at First World War Pilgrimage in Belgium
- Law enforcers who paid the ultimate price honored
- Bogus Facebook page targets Guam attorney general
- Primary school pupils see their work goes on display at South Shields arts venue
- Primary school pupils work goes on display at South Shields arts venue
- Liszt collection on rare public display
- Former German general’s car displayed in Eastbourne for 30 years is restored as a ‘living exhibit’
- Vladimir Putin kicks out 150 diplomats from 24 British allies and throws out MORE Brits over spy poison row
- German General’s car seized by Royal Sussex Regiment in Second World War is brought back to life
- Sanchez senior's artwork will be on display in nation's capital
- Fastest finger first: A look back at the most beautiful typewriters ever made
- Works of national artists showcased in Paris [PHOTO]
- Tate Britain to display two classic Burne-Jones collections for first time
- The beautiful game: Rimla Akhtar on diversity in football
- Hard work
- 'Gaelic Sunday' 1918: When GAA opposed British oppression
British Consulate-General displays works honoring HCMC’s beauty have 492 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.