Amkor Technology will invest $1.6 billion between now and 2035 to build a plant to manufacture, assemble and test semiconductor products on a site of 23ha in an IP in Bac Ninh Province.
Amkor Technology, Inc. headquartered in the US. (Photo: Amkor)
The Viglacera Real Estate Company and Amkor Technology, Inc., one of the world’s largest providers of outsourced semiconductor packaging, design, and test services, have recently signed a contract in principle to lease land to build a project for manufacturing, assembling and testing semiconductor materials at Yen Phong II-C Industrial Park in the northern province of Bac Ninh.
Accordingly, Amkor Technology will invest 1.6 billion USD between now and 2035 to build a plant to manufacture, assemble and test semiconductor products on a site of 23ha in the IP.
Construction of the project is expected to begin in the first quarter of next year.
The first phase of the project will focus on the production, assembly and testing of semiconductor materials for the world’s leading semiconductor and electronic manufacturing companies.
"This is a strategic, long-term investment in geographical diversification and factory capacity expansion, supporting the company's commitment to reliable supply chain solutions for our customers. Factory utilization is high, particularly at our advanced packaging sites, and we expect the strong market demand for assembly and test solutions to continue. Investing in Bac Ninh expands our manufacturing footprint in support of customer need for an alternative cost-competitive supply chain solution for Advanced System in Package (SiP) – and for other packaging solutions in the future," Giel Rutten, Amkor's President and Chief Executive Officer, said in a press statement.
Established in 1968, with headquarters in Arizona, the US, and 17 factories in China, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Malaysia, the Philippines, Portugal and Taiwan (China), Amkor Technology, Inc. is considered one of the world’s largest manufacturers, assemblers and testers of semiconductor materials, and is currently a strategic manufacturing partner for the world’s leading chip companies, chip foundries and microchips such as Qualcomm, Samsung, NVIDIA, Foxconn, Broadcom, LG, and SK Hynix./.
- Business IP PBX Phone
- A New WPA For Rejuvenating American Manufacturing
- Knowledge Protection - Can Your Company Innovate Faster Than IP Information Assets Can Be Compromise
- Manufacturing Overseas For Success
- The Rise and Fall of the American Chip Industry
- GSA Approved Safes & Storage Container Requirements - What is the Right Safe to Use?
- Why Western Red Cedar For Your Carved Sign
- WLAN Security, Customers and POS
- Investing In A Developing Economy - A Possible Solution To Global Financial Crisis
- The Importance of Private Trade Programs in a Declining Economy
- VoIP Gateways
- Solar Power is Getting Cheaper
- Chinese Lingerie and Intimate Wear Industry Market Overview
- 3-D HDTV With DLP
- Solar Energy After Spain
- If You Thought of a Great Invention - Would it Make You Rich Or Send You Broke
- Things You Must Know About SAP R3 and Implementation
- Coming - Lower Living Standards and Lower Wages - Leading to a Modest and Equitable Way of Life
- Google Gets Revealed During Latest Q&A Session
- TSOP - An Effective Approach to Reducing Business Overhead Expenses
Bac Ninh’s IP welcomes 1.6-bln-USD semiconductor manufacturing project have 503 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.