The number of people who want to try the Cat Linh – Ha Dong Metro Line dropped and instead that of regular commuters rise, said director of Hanoi Metro Vu Hong Truong.
He added that more parking spaces at and more buses on the last mile to stations are planned soon, he said.
Transportation expert Phan Le Binh said the low number of users was likely due to people working from home and the closure of schools due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
But the daily average of 16,000 is high compared to buses, he pointed out. “No bus route can reach this figure, showing the high capacity of the metro. It is an efficient means of public transport.”
Nghiem Quoc Thang, deputy chairman of the Hanoi Transport Association, said it would take some more time to assess the efficacy of the metro.
“It takes time for people to change their habits with respect to this type of transportation. It took Hanoi 10 years to reach the current bus usage”.
The metro is a superior means of transport and would surely be used by the public, and the city should quickly complete other routes such as Nhon – Hanoi Railway Station and link with this line, he said.
The Cat Linh – Ha Dong Metro Line began operating on Nov. 6 and was free until Nov. 20.
It costs VND8,000–15,000 ($0.35–0.66) for a ticket and VND200,000 for a monthly pass.
The line runs 13 kilometers from downtown Cat Linh to the southwestern district of Ha Dong, with a trip taking around 23 minutes.
- O’s players have been boosted by season ticket sales, reveals midfielder Lawless
- Metro launches wristbands to ease queuing for Little Mix in Gateshead
- Elron carries 3.8 million passengers in first half of 2018
- Extra bus and Metro services for Sunderland Airshow
- Disabled access row at Newcastle Metro Arena rumbles on
- When, where and how to get tickets for new Disney on Ice show
- Travel and ticket warning for Sheeran gigs
- England vs Croatia ticket prices soar on black market
- Tickets for Arctic Monkeys 2018 UK tour are now on sale
- Jess Glynne 2018 UK tour tickets are on sale now
- How to get Arctic Monkeys presale tickets for O2 Arena shows
- Auctioneers expect rare Titanic launch ticket to sell for £25k
- Isle of Wight Festival 2018 starts TODAY – line-up, headliners and ticket availability for the 50th anniversary
- World Cup tickets on sale for up to 40 times face value
- Here's how you can get tickets to the Arctic Monkeys 2018 UK tour
- Fylde Coast visitor numbers rising despite rail disruption
- When does World Cup 2018 start, when is the final and and how do I get match tickets?
- Eurotunnel, ferry and plane passengers hit with lengthy delays amid heat and thunderstorms
- In full: What Ticket Fairy said to Grillstock customers
- Over 100,000 FIFA World Cup Tickets Bought by South Koreans
As Hanoi metro begins ticket sales, passenger numbers plunge have 447 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.