Hanoi (VNA) – The Ministry of Public Security has officially established an airborne security unit under the Immigration Department , which is responsible for preventing and combating terrorist attacks and unlawful interference to ensure aviation security in Vietnam.
After the Government issued Decree No. 922015 on October 13, 2015 on aviation security, the Ministry of Public Security directed the Border Security Department under the General Department of Security (now the Immigration Department) to build a scheme on airborne security force.
The Immigration Department has coordinated with competent ministries and agencies to complete the tasks and reported to the ministry for approval in early 2020.
The airborne security force is in charge of preventing and combating terrorism, unlawful interference to ensure flight security of Vietnamese airlines. It would collect, synthesise, analyse, evaluate and forecast the situation related to acts that threatened the security and safety of Vietnam’s civil aviation.
In addition, this force will give advice to and propose the Immigration Department on guidelines and plans to proactively detect acts of terrorism.
It will take responsibility to coordinate with the flight crew in handling unlawful interference or unexpected situations. It is allowed to use weapons or technical means in order to neutralise illegal acts of interference against the aircraft according to the provisions of law, and also coordinates with airlines and functional forces at home and abroad to solve problems related to security on aircraft.
In special cases, the airborne security force can require the Immigration Department to suspend flights when there were possibilities of terrorist attacks or unlawful interference.
This force will coordinate with the Ministry of Public Security and the aviation industry to escort people who were extradited or serving prison sentences from abroad to Vietnam and vice versa, expulsed foreigners, Vietnamese deported people or those wanted by Interpol.
The Ministry of Public Security will be in charge of recruiting and training officers to deploy security forces in the air on flights and routes.
Speaking at a ceremony to announce the Minister of Public Security's decision on the establishment of the Airborne Security Desk on November 15, Deputy Minister Luong Tam Quang said that the decision showed the increasing requirement on airborne security protection./.
- Security forces foil major terror bid in Hyderabad
- Doug Beattie: Terrorists demand their Article 2 rights, and so must security forces
- UPDATE (FRIDAY, 9AM): Dispersal order in place and drones set to tackle illegal hare coursing event
- London Marathon security ramped up over terror fears following Westminster and Dortmund attacks
- William Matchett: SAS response to terror threat in Gibraltar was only realistic option
- William Matchett: SAS Gibraltar operation against IRA looks increasingly justified in post-9/11 terrorism era
- Terror bid foiled in Balochistan's Kohlu district after targeted operation
- Analysis: Placed on a watch list, Pakistan set for further economic dent
- Terror plot accused banned from dissident republican gatherings
- Jeremy Corbyn voted AGAINST 17 different terror laws in his career as an MP – here they are in full
- Whitehall plans for volunteer border force "risk security on cheap," says union chief
- Deportations illegal if torture likely, rules Germany's top court
- Now Spain sends in the army to support Barcelona riot cops following Catalan leader’s fiery warning for Madrid not to interfere
- Cannot exclusively rely on armed forces to kill terrorists in encounters: SC
- Global Terrorism Index: Death toll drops globally but rise in Europe
- Global Terrorism Index: Death toll drops globally but rises in Europe
- Nato ‘preventing Afghanistan from becoming launch pad for global terror attacks’
- Drones are used to kill terror suspects outside warzones, bombshell MoD document states
- Turkey vows to ‘drown’ US-backed Syrian Kurdish force
- Kenyan election: Kenyatta sworn in amid high security and opposition rally
Airborne security force set up to prevent terrorism, illegal interference have 613 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.