A woman on trial accused of killing her husband had previously threatened to ‘do a bobbitt’ on him – in reference to an infamous case where the victim had his penis chopped off, a court heard.
Penelope Jackson, 66, is on trial accused of knifing David Jackson, 78, three times and refusing to offer help while he lay dying on the kitchen floor, the court heard.
On Tuesday, a court heard from Jackson’s former wife Sheila Taylor who said he had confided in her about the threats Penelope made against him.
Giving evidence in the trial, Sheila said: “I had a very happy marriage and did not want it to end. He was a kind man, loving, considerate and I was very happy.”
Tom Wren / SWNS)
Despite the end of their marriage, Sheila said she kept in touch with Mr Jackson who often told her how unhappy he was.
She added: “She said she would destroy him and ruin his career. He told me on many occasions he was very unhappy. I asked him if he is so unhappy, why don’t you leave her?
“He replied that she said if I ever try to leave her she will do a ‘bobbitts’ on me. That was current and topical in the news at the time.
"Bobbitt was the name of a woman in America who had just cut off her husband’s penis.
“He was very frightened and he believed she was capable of carrying out that threat.”
Mr Jackson’s daughter from his first marriage, Jane, said she felt uncomfortable around the defendant and her father.
She added: “She found baiting people fun and liked to see my father uncomfortable. She enjoyed that.
“It is hard to describe how they interacted. It never felt comfortable being in the room with them.
“If I looked back how he was with sheila he was completely different. He was relaxed, loving, and had joy in his life. I think it was so very different with the defendant into how they were together.
“The more they drank the more uncomfortable I felt. I never saw them argue, she would just bait him.
“He would say things like ‘enough now’ and would squirm and look embarrassed. For him if we were out in company and if he felt he was being the centre of attention because of the defendant’s behaviour, he didn’t like that.”
The trial began on Monday with details of a 999 call in which the defendant told operators she tried to stab in the heart but “he doesn’t have one.”
It resumed today with prosecutors telling the jury how the defendant reacted when she was told her actions at their home in Berrow, Somerset, on February 13 this year, had led to his death.
Prosecuting, Christopher Quinlan QC said she was told the allegation had been upgraded to murder when she arrived at the police station.
He said she replied: “Oh murder, not attempted murder? Oh, good.”
Jackson then told cops: “It was a long time coming. I am glad. If I was given the chance again I would do it again even if they locked me up for 125 million years.
“I should have walked away years ago but I didn’t.
“I deserve everything coming my way but sometimes you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.”
The trial continues.
- Woman accuses rapper Too Short of sexually assaulting her on multiple occasions in lawsuit
- INSIGHT-In an Indian village, a woman's killing and alleged rape opens caste divides
- Woman accuses business partner of intimidation
- Tyler Perry Netflix Thriller Trailer: Crystal Fox Fights to Prove She Didn't Kill Husband
- Vengeful wife ‘chopped off cheating husband’s penis with kitchen knife after battering him round head with frying pan’
- Scorned woman is branded 'toxic' and 'psycho' after getting revenge on her cheating boyfriend by filming herself DESTROYING his clothes and pouring hair remover in his bodywash
- EXCLUSIVE: 'He had no beliefs': Father is accused of opening fire on his OWN daughter and her husband as she tried to start a new life away from him before he turned the gun on himself
- Too Short's accuser drops civil lawsuit alleging rapper sexually assaulted her multiple times
- Gujarat: Woman kills infant daughter four hours after birth in Umbergaon
- Husband, 31, fatally stabs his wife outside of their Philadelphia home on Christmas morning in front of their six children
- Hunt for speeding hit-and-run driver who ran a red light and killed mother-of-two beauty queen, 30, who stopped in the middle of the road to take off her painful shoes during a night out with friends
- Woman Sentenced to 13 Years in Prison for Cutting off Lover’s Penis With Garden Shears Amid Sex Game
- 63-year-old woman robbed, stabbed to death in Maharashtra
- Thousand chant 'Death to America!' at funeral of top Iranian general Qassem Soleimani after he was killed in US airstrike as Iraq is set to order ALL American troops to leave
- Australian military embark on rescue missions as deadly wildfires threaten to burn towns to the ground
- Tip of man's penis turns BLACK after he was accidentally bitten on the end of his member by his partner during sex
- R. Kelly's rape accuser 'suffered an epileptic fit after the singer's camp threatened to release nude pictures of her in the aftermath of Surviving R. Kelly first airing'
- Iranian UN ambassador warns US strike killing Qassem Soleimani is 'tantamount to declaring WAR' - as American embassy in Baghdad braces for further violence during funeral marches
- Mother reveals she has been accused of CHILD ABUSE and 'brainwashing' for raising her eight-year-old as a transgender girl - but she insists the youngster is happier living as a female
- 'Love you forever': Pregnant widow's heartbreaking tribute to her husband who died beside his father while trying to protect their property against raging bushfires
Woman accused of killing husband 'threatened to cut his penis off and destroy him' have 1010 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at October 12, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.