PANO – Located at the foot of Nghinh Phong Mountain, Un-numbered Ship Wharf, K15, in Do Son district, Hai Phong city, a legendary historical relic site of Vietnamese troops and people, has become an attraction of Do Son area in particular and the city in general with a large number of visitors.
53 years sago, the Ministry of National Defence established Mission 759 with the task of transporting weapons and goods for southern battlefields, opening the Ho Chi Minh Trail on Sea. On October 11 th , 1962, the first un-numbered ship carrying 30 tons of weapons left Wharf K15 for the South and safely anchored at Vam Lung wharf in Ca Mau province after five days. From 1961 to 1975, un-numbered ships transported 152,000 tons of weapons and ammunition and 80,000 people to the South. Feats of arms of troops on these ships have become a symbol of Vietnam's revolutionary heroism in the 20 th century.
In commemoration of the contributions and sacrifices of the troops on these ships, a monument, named "K15 – Starting place of Ho Chi Minh Trail on Sea", was built. The monument erected by the sea is highlighted by the background of trees, flowers and grass. Wharf K15 was recognized as the national historical relic in 2008.
Annually, it hosts thousands of visitors visiting and offering incense in memory of those who devoted their lives to the national independence.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Hai Phong City welcomes 3 million tourists first half of 2017
- Hai Phong City and Japanese Partners: Close and Effective Cooperation
- Northern Hai Phong City: Dynamic Growth
- Red River civilization revived in Hai Phong
- Tourist attractions nationwide lure visitors during Tet
- Red River Delta – Hai Phong Tourism Fair 2013 closes
- Red Flamboyant Festival – The preparation for National Tourism Year of the Red River Delta region - Hai Phong 2013
- Hai Phong Ready to Welcome Japanese Partners
- PM approves US$1 billion Hai Phong ‘eco' complex
- Party leader urges Hai Phong’s district to tap potentials
- Activities in the Culture, Sports and Tourism Week of the Red River Delta – Hai Phong 2013
- Jetstar Pacific launches Hai Phong - Quang Binh route
- Hai Phong’s photo exhibition marks capital’s anniversary
- Hai Phong okays Japan’s printer factory project
- Hai Phong, a highlight in FDI attraction
- Positive Signals of FDI Attraction in Hai Phong
- Hai Phong Industry and Trade: Helping Enterprises Overcome Difficulties
- Hai Phong’s achievements in 2016 creditable: President
- Hai Phong comes alive for ‘Flamboyant' tourism fest
- Argentinean newspaper hails Vietnam’s tourist attractions
Wharf K15 – A historical-tourist attraction of Hai Phong City have 392 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.