This result is part of Clarivate-conducted assessment report on 276 universities, government research agencies and technology corporations that lead innovation globally in 2021. According to the company's report, of 27 accredited representatives in South Asia and Southeast Asia, Viettel is the only Vietnamese enterprise.
This year, Hanoi University of Science and Technology is also in the list of higher education institutions, while the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology is named in the category of government research organizations.
According to the list of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Viettel is the industrial high-tech enterprise of Vietnam with the most patents protected. By September, Viettel has had 44 patents granted in Vietnam and seven patents granted in the U.S.
The Vietnamese military enterprise is also the only company in the world that both owns a network and develops telecoms devices. Viettel's successful testing of video calls on self-developed gNodeB 5G transceivers in early 2021 has put Vietnam on the list of six countries possessing 5G technology.
Major General Le Dang Dung, acting President and General Director of Viettel, affirmed that Viettel is consistent with the strategy to be a pioneer and a key driver in creating a digital society. Therefore, the company will always be a vanguard in researching and developing to master core technologies, contributing to realizing the "Make-in-Vietnam" strategy and the national digital transformation strategy.
Clarivate is a leading company in providing information on the reputation of research quality and innovation. This assessment report is based on four criteria, including number of patents, number of citations, success of patents and degree of globalization.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Vietnamese students win Asia Pacific Online Mechatronics Skill Competition
- Bangladesh - South Asia’s economic bull at 50 years of independence
- KOTRA wants no interruption between VN, South Korea trade
- Vietnamese cloud computing market appeals suppliers
- Vietnamese firms advised to promote online sale in Singapore
- How a Vietnam-Malaysia Fishing MOU Could Ease the Wider South China Sea Dispute
- Vietnamese firms learning importance of branding: conference
- China's coronavirus vaccines: Is Southeast Asia ready to trust them?
- Manila, Beijing Promise to Finalize South China Sea Code of Conduct Amid Fishing Boat Showdown
- As in China, migrant workers in Southeast Asia are leaving behind a generation of children
- Asia’s best breakfasts: From hoppers in Sri Lanka to Vietnam’s banh mi
- Obstacles at Bay, Beijing Steps up Control Over Disputed South China Sea
- Surge in South China Sea Naval Exercises in 2018 Vexes Beijing
- New US Aid for Southeast Asia Takes Aim at Chinese Influence
- Asia once led the coronavirus battle. Why is it behind on vaccines?
- 2021 Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative Summit launched
- Coronavirus: Travel rules keep Vietnamese expats grounded in Germany
- South China Sea Exercises Fortify Once Edgy US-Philippine Relations
- Coronavirus: Why vaccine inequality in Asia threatens the world's recovery
- Philippines Floats Dragging U.S. into South China Sea Feud with Defense Treaty
Viettel - Most influential Vietnamese enterprise in South Asia and Southeast Asia have 467 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.