The Vietnamese national basketball team impressively defeated the Danang Dragons in Game 4 of the Vietnam Professional Basketball League (VBA) Premier Bubble Games – Brought to you by NovaWorld Phan Thiet.
The game was highly anticipated as fans looked forward to the clash between the newcomer and core participant Danang Dragons at the 2016-founded tournament that has been newly formatted.
While the host took an early lead thanks to Akeem Scott, the Vietnamese national basketball team made their mark with speed and Du Minh An scoring eight points in three minutes.
The Da Nang-based team had found it hard to solve their opponent's firm defense before veteran To Quang Trung's three-pointer pulled them in front at 20-19 with just 30 seconds left in the first quarter.
The second period was a point race that ended 31-25 in the host's advantage.
|The Vietnamese national basketball team’s guards defend their basket against the Danang Dragons' Akeem Scott (center) during their game at the VBA Premier Bubble Games – Brought to you by NovaWorld Phan Thiet. Photo: Vietnam Professional Basketball League|
As coach Kevin Yurkus spent the break refreshing the visitor's strategies, they successfully blocked the Dragons' two 2.06-meter centers Chris Carter and Akeem Scott.
The efficient defense paid the Vietnamese national basketball team chances for their 2.02-meter center Nguyen Huynh Phu Vinh to shine.
The newcomer gained the 57-48 lead at the end of the third quarter.
While Akeem Scott was determined to bring the Dragons level, his teammates' defense failure awarded the away side six three-pointers.
Akeem Scott, Chris Carter, and Michael Soy's following efforts were just enough for the host to narrow the gap but too late to help them avoid the 74-83 defeat against the Vietnamese national basketball team.
|Akeem Scott (left) scored 23 points for the Danang Dragons in their game against the Vietnamese national basketball team at the VBA Premier Bubble Games – Brought to you by NovaWorld Phan Thiet. Photo: Vietnam Professional Basketball League|
The Vietnam Professional Basketball League, a national professional basketball league, with a new brand identity and format, VBA Premier Bubble Games – Brought to you by NovaWorld Phan Thiet , has been broadcast on OnSports channel and two over-the-top media services, VTVcab On and Myclip, since October 4.
The airing schedules are from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm every day, as well as an extra match between 9:00 pm and 11:00 pm on Sundays.
In addition, people can watch the replays on digital platforms such as the VBA's verified YouTube channel, Bong Ro TV Facebook page, and Bong Ro TV YouTube channel.
- Cedarburg, Grafton, Whitefish Bay girls basketball teams win North Shore openers
- The Latest: At least 4 teams get bowl games at home
- Former Syracuse basketball player James Southerland signs with pro team in Japan
- Here is our Mississippi Bicentennial men's basketball team
- Former Syracuse basketball player Kris Joseph signs with pro team in Portugal
- Kobe Bryant’s former high school basketball team supports Muslims and immigrants with warmup T-shirts
- Drake women's basketball team's social media game is getting it exactly right
- This Kansas-based company wants to change basketball — starting with four games in KC
- RIP to the RPI: The NCAA has a new metric to rank college basketball teams
- Ankeny basketball team looks for improvement in coach's second year
- One month into season, a glance at Cincinnati Bearcats and other AAC basketball teams
- Detroit News' top 20 boys basketball teams: Clarkston is No. 1
- Which of the nine undefeated college basketball teams loses next?
- A glance at where UC basketball stands after 13 games
- This is 'the year' for the UWM women's basketball team
- UWM 83, UW-La Crosse 73: Baldwin, Panthers win debut
- University of Cincinnati basketball team still searching for that go-to player
- Monday’s Sports Digest: Saco loses opening game at Little League baseball regionals
- Detroit News' top 20 girls basketball teams: Edison No. 1
- Arrowhead basketball teams registered reassuring victories over the weekend
Vietnamese national basketball team wins debut game at country’s pro league have 651 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.