With more than 400 investment projects worth over 5 billion USD, Vietnam is currently the third largest foreign investor in Laos, after Thailand and China, he said.
In recent years, the Vietnamese business community in Laos has not only contributed to the Lao budget but also donated tens of millions of USD to social security activities, developing infrastructure facilities and creating jobs for thousands of Lao labourers.
It has also helped change Lao labourers' awareness of shifting from small-scale production to commodity-based production, contributing to creating a new and fundamental orientation to promote sustainable production development in the country.
Vietnamese Ambassador to Laos Nguyen Ba Hung praised efforts of the Vietnamese business community in Laos to overcome difficulties caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, and expressing his delight at the increasing number of new projects invested by Vietnamese firms in Laos despite the health crisis.
He urged Vietnamese enterprises operating in Laos to update and further promote application of new technologies and digital transformation in order to maximise the efficiency of their production and business activities and effectively adapt to the pandemic.
The diplomat called on Vietnamese businesses to strengthen coordination and support each other, contributing to further tightening the Vietnam – Laos great relationship.
He took the occasion to applaud active contributions of Vietnamese enterprises in Laos to both countries’ fight against COVID-19./.
- Enugu: The Ugwuanyi template for economic development
- Historic ranch on Colorado’s high plains now holds millions of gallons of water for Denver-area economic development
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 10
- Vietnam to cut, simplify 20% of business regulations by 2025: gov't
- NA Standing Committee urges Gov’t to build short-, long-term development scenarios
- Businesses seek tax reduction to foster recovery after pandemic
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 12
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 13
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 11
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 8
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 7
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 14
- NA Standing Committee urges Gov’t to build development scenarios
- Vietnam likely to lower yearly economic growth rate to 4.5%
- PM: HCMC must regain position as economic locomotive of country
- Hanoi asked to make different development scenarios to boost economic recovery
- Survey collects business inputs on Covid-19 crisis
- ‘Business Owners Deserve To Know’: Pa. Auditor General Says Audit Of Business Shutdown Waivers Continues
- Developer of stalled methanol plant looks to build bigger Louisiana project with new Saudi partner
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 15
Vietnamese businesses greatly contribute to Laos’s socio-economic development have 467 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.