New York (VNA) – Ambassador Dang Dinh Quy , Permanent Representative of Vietnam to the UN, has welcomed the nationwide ceasefire just announced by Central African President Faustin-Archange Touadéra, and urged all armed forces to follow suit.
At the UN Security Council’s meeting on the Central Africa Republic's situation on October 18, Quy stressed that to achieve sustainable peace and development in the country, there is undoubtedly no other way than rebuilding trust and promoting dialogue among parties concerned.
Vietnam greatly valued the role of regional cooperation in conflict prevention and resolution, he said, adding that the African Union, the Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS) and the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region, owing to their local knowledge, are well‑positioned in promoting confidence, trust and dialogue among concerned parties, thus finding the way to settle the root causes of conflict.
Noting that sanctions are implemented as a temporary tool for promoting peace and security, he said they should be lifted when conditions allow and regular reviews are needed to ensure their effectiveness.
The Vietnamese representative also called on the international community to increase assistance for Central African people for the goals of stability and development.
President Touadéra said that the recently-announced ceasefire aims to open the door for dialogues and negotiations to find a long-term political solution to the situation in the Central African Republic.
He stressed the Central African government's commitment to implement the Peace Agreement, promote legal reform, and carry out reform programmes for security forces.
As many as 3.1 million people in the Central African Republic, or 63 percent of its population, are in urgent need of protection and humanitarian assistance./.
- What is patriotism? How NFL rule on flag, anthem puts football in the middle of a divided America.
- 2026 World Cup Vote Tracker: It’s Morocco vs. North America
- When Football Becomes More Than A Game
- A Journey into the Wild, Complex and Unique World of Football in Iran
- The Latest: Russia votes yes, NKorea no to American Cup bid
- England vs Tunisia, World Cup 2018: What time is kick-off tonight, what TV channel is it on and what is our prediction?
- 1965 Impala Hell Project, Part 11: Son of Orange County
- Mercedes-Benz starts internship program for refugees
Vietnam welcomes Central African Government’s unilateral ceasefire have 378 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.