The said the ministry hopes to hold joint discussions with Russia on the resumption of regular flights between major Russian cities and Vietnam's economic and tourism hubs like Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang, thus facilitating travelling for tourism and visiting relatives.
He also informed that the Transport Ministry has assigned its agencies to work with the Russian Embassy to tackle difficulties in specific projects, especially in railway and maritime transport.
The minister added that several terms in the bilateral maritime trade agreement that the two countries signed in 1993 are no longer suitable at present, particularly those related to Vietnamese crew members’ entry in Russia's ports. He asked the ambassador to help with the settlement of the issue.
Bezdetko, for his part, also noted the need to resume commercial flights between the two countries.
Regarding railway transport, he said Russian firms want to cooperate with Vietnam's railway sector to provide machinery and equipment.
As for maritime transport, he suggested Vietnam upgrade the wharves at the Vietnam-Russia Industrial Park in the northern province of Quang Ninh which have been overloaded, adding that Russia has yet to receive feedback from relevant localities about the issue.
The ambassador said the working session is a step of preparation for the upcoming meeting of the Vietnam – Russia Inter-Governmental Committee on Economic, Trade and Scientific-Technological Cooperation and an upcoming Russia visit by President Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
- Mind And Heart: For boost in India-Vietnam economic ties, the two must go beyond strategic imperatives
- Vietnam values ties with Cuba: Minister
- An Important Cog: An India-Vietnam-Taiwan axis could add to the multipolarity narrative in the Indo-Pacific
- Ho Chi Minh City wants to boost cooperation with Chinese localities
- Search Marketing Tips For Yandex, Russia's Top Search Engine
- Vietnam-tied hackers said to target auto industry
- Trump’s claim NATO to boost defense spending disputed
- Vietnam, Argentina target US$5 billion in bilateral trade value
- Mueller revealed his Trump-Russia story in plain view
- Russian shield: S-400 acquisition will boost India’s defence, nimble diplomacy can avoid US sanctions
- Trump boosts pressure on Justice Dept. in Russia probe
- Hanoi gives hand to celebrate 45th year of Vietnam-UK relations
- Hanoi to strengthen ties with two big German cities
- Two To Tango: Boosting bilateral India-Japan defence cooperation a step in the right direction
- Sean Kuraly A Game-Time Decision, Could Provide Bruins’ Fourth Line With Big Boost In Game 5
- Trump: Putin summit off to a ‘very good start’
- Bust of late President Ho Chi Minh inaugurated in Russian city
- You'll Never Ever Ship Your Car After Seeing This Video
- Alphabet Squadron
- 2019 .VinFast A2.0 @ Top Speed
Vietnam, Russia boost transport ties have 422 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.