According to the ministry’s report, 4,876 of the new patients are locally-transmitted cases confirmed in 49 localities including HCM City (1,069), Dong Nai (745), Binh Duong (618), An Giang (286), Tay Ninh (190), Ha Giang (184), Kien Giang (160), Tien Giang (139), Can Tho (138), Quang Nam (129), Soc Trang (128), and Binh Thuan (116). There were 16 imported patients confirmed today.
The new infections showed an increase of 472 cases compared to yesterday’s figure. There were 1,980 infections found in the community.
As of Thursday evening, 900,669 infections had been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country in late April. Some localities that have recorded the highest number of patients include HCM City (429,082), Binh Duong (231,024), Dong Nai (63,715), Long An (34,541), and Tien Giang (16,124). The outbreak has so far spread to 62 out of 63 cities and provinces nationwide.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 905,477. The country now stands 40th among 223 countries and territories worldwide in the number of infections.
On October 28, an additional 1,649 more patients recovered from the disease, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 813,963.
Vietnam today administered more than 1.17 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines. The country has so far conducted over 77.14 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with over 22.62 million people having received two doses.
- HCM City strives to keep number of COVID-19 cases within 300
- Vietnam adopts new quarantine approach in combat against COVID-19: heath ministry
- Vietnam’s COVID-19 tally reaches 60
- During the Covid-19 pandemic, do as the Vietnamese do
- COVID-19 to pull VN’s growth down to 6.3 percent: Fitch Solutions
- Asia-Pacific countries ramp up measures to curb spread of COVID-19, Aussie PM declares biosecurity emergency
- Firms affected by COVID-19 to receive support
- Foreign or local, we should all wear a mask to help curb COVID-19 in Vietnam
- COVID-19 to pull Vietnam’s growth down to 6.3%: Fitch Solutions
- British pilot diagnosed with COVID-19 in Saigon as Vietnam’s tally rises to 91
- Two medical workers test positive for COVID-19, total rises to 87
- COVID-19 to pull Việt Nam’s growth down to 6.3%: Fitch Solutions
- Data | India's coronavirus testing rates are among the lowest in the world
- Coronavirus UK map – how many cases of Covid-19 have been confirmed?
- Coronavirus cases top 200,000: Global updates
- Coronavirus map: How many deaths have there been from Covid-19 so far?
- Coronavirus: Can China’s shrinking virus numbers be trusted?
- Coronavirus latest: Spain death toll passes 4,000
- Economy growing against the flow
- Vietnam will quarantine visitors, Lebanon is to close its borders, and South Africa declares state of emergency as world's response to coronavirus gets ramped up
Vietnam reports rising number of Covid-19 cases have 481 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.