A health worker takes sample for Covid-19 testing in HCM City
According to the ministry’s report, 3,175 of the new patients are locally-transmitted cases confirmed in 48 localities including HCM City (1,059), Binh Duong (537), Dong Nai (517), Tay Ninh (156), An Giang (117), and Kien Giang (93). There were 18 imported patients confirmed today.
The new infections showed a decrease of 36 cases compared to yesterday’s figure. There were 1,339 infections found in the community.
As of Sunday evening, 859,372 infections have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country in late April. Some localities that have recorded the highest number of patients include HCM City (417,724), Binh Duong (225,414), Dong Nai (58,622), Long An (33.738), and Tien Giang (15,011). The outbreak has so far spread to 62 out of 63 cities and provinces nationwide.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 864,053. The country now stands 40th among 223 countries and territories worldwide in the number of infections.
On October 17, an additional 1,340 more patients recovered from the disease, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 791,844.
On Sunday evening, a further 63 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 21,194. The deaths were reported in some localities including HCM City (38), Binh Duong (13), Dong Nai (2), Kien Giang (2), Soc Trang (2), Dak Lak (2), Quang Ngai (1), Bac Lieu (1), Binh Thuan (1), and Dak Nong (1).
Vietnam today administered more than 1.25 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines. The country has so far conducted over 61.91 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with over 17.84 million people having received two doses.
- What we learned from tracking every COVID-19 policy in the world
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 29
- Vietnam sees daily Covid-19 cases fall
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 25
- Trump Attacks W.H.O. and Ousts Watchdog for Pandemic Fund
- Home quarantine for international arrivals 'next sensible step' after population vaccinated, says PM — as it happened
- Coronavirus digest: Sydney anti-lockdown rally turns violent
- Brexit LIVE: Von der Leyen asked to resign after 'grievous error' by European Commission
- Thailand 2031: A Glimpse into the Future
- Commentary: Indonesia seems just a little overly concerned with Myanmar's coup
- Weighing in on Rep. Lauren Boebert’s representation
Vietnam reports falling number of Covid-19-related deaths have 363 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.