The Ministry of Health recorded 3,797 new COVID-19 cases throughout Vietnam on Friday, together with 918 recoveries and 93 fatalities.
The latest cases, including eight imported and 3,789 local infections, were logged in 47 provinces and cities, the Ministry of Health said, elucidating that 1,475 patients were detected in the community.
The daily rise is the lowest in over two months, according to the ministry’s data.
Ho Chi Minh City registered 1,131 of the locally-infected cases, Dong Nai Province 586, Binh Duong Province 533, Soc Trang Province 414, An Giang Province 170, Ca Mau Province 168, Can Tho City 43, Khanh Hoa Province 28, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province 12, and Hanoi one.
Vietnam had reported 4,147 domestically-acquired infections on Thursday.
The country has confirmed 852,986 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth virus wave emerged on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City tops the table with 415,875 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 224,492, Dong Nai Province with 57,708, Long An Province with 33,541, Tien Giang Province with 14,844, Dong Thap Province with 9,015, Khanh Hoa Province with 8,399, Da Nang with 4,932, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 4,376, and Hanoi with 4,305.
Vietnam recorded only 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in total in the previous three waves.
The health ministry logged 918 recoveries on Friday, elevating the total to 788,923.
The toll has increased to 21,043 deaths after the ministry documented 93 fatalities on the same day, including 61 in Ho Chi Minh City and 18 in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has reported 857,639 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it early last year.
Health workers have administered over 59 million vaccine doses, including 1,311,040 shots on Thursday, since inoculation was rolled out on March 8.
More than 17 million people have been fully vaccinated.
Health authorities target to inoculate at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- Australia sees biggest daily rise in COVID-19 cases in two months
- Vietnam records one more imported COVID-19 case
- Northwest Houston nonprofits brace for continuing rise in COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam reports 14 new imported Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam reports three new imported COVID-19 cases
- YSRCP leaders blamed for rise in COVID-19 cases in Kadapa
- Citing Rise In COVID-19 Cases, Alameda County Officials Leave Current Health Order In Place
- Utah has highest single-day rise in COVID-19 cases at 343
- Vietnam records 14 more imported COVID-19 cases
- Montgomery County logs largest daily boost in COVID-19 cases with 105
- Relentless rise in COVID-19 cases in Nellore, Prakasam
- Georgia reports its highest daily total of COVID-19 cases
- Coronavirus: World has seen record 24-hour rise in COVID-19 cases - WHO
- Nigeria records 790 new highest daily figure of COVID-19 cases
- Florida, Texas report record daily surges in COVID-19 cases, much of U.S. scales back Independence Day celebrations
- Vietnam records no new community COVID-19 cases for 74 straight days
- Vietnam confirms two new imported COVID-19 cases, total hits 331
- Two more imported COVID-19 cases confirmed in Vietnam
- Beijing Returns to Lockdown After 106 COVID-19 Cases Reported in Recent Days
- Is YOUR area at risk of a local lockdown? Interactive tool reveals whether Covid-19 cases have spiked or dropped across every authority in England — as data shows outbreaks are GROWING in 36 areas and Leicester becomes first to get shut down
Vietnam registers daily rise of 3,797 COVID-19 cases, lowest in over 2 months have 510 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.