The Ministry of Health confirmed 4,147 domestic COVID-19 cases across Vietnam on Thursday, along with 719 recoveries and 81 fatalities.
The latest cases were recorded in 42 provinces and cities, the Ministry of Health said, adding that 1,718 patients were detected in the community.
The ministry also logged four imported infections on Thursday.
Soc Trang Province registered 1,059 of the locally-infected cases, Ho Chi Minh City 909, Dong Nai Province 647, Binh Duong Province 483, Tay Ninh Province 274, An Giang Province 104, Kien Giang Province 80, Khanh Hoa Province 35, Can Tho City 20, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province 11, Hanoi one, and Da Nang one.
Vietnam had found 3,458 domestically-acquired infections on Wednesday.
The country has confirmed 849,197 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth virus wave emerged on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City is struck the hardest with 414,744 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 223,959, Dong Nai Province with 57,122, Long An Province with 33,494, Tien Giang Province with 14,774, Dong Thap Province with 8,937, Khanh Hoa Province with 8,371, Da Nang with 4,932, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 4,364, and Hanoi with 4,304.
Vietnam logged only 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in total in the previous three waves.
The health ministry annnounced 719 recoveries on Thursday, bringing the total to 788,005.
The toll has climbed to 20,950 deaths after the ministry documented 81 fatalities on the same day, including 61 in Ho Chi Minh City and 10 in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has reported 853,842 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it early last year.
Health workers have administered over 57.4 million vaccine doses, including 1,005,055 shots on Wednesday, since inoculation was rolled out on March 8.
More than 16.8 million people have been fully vaccinated.
Health authorities target to inoculate at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- Vietnam ministry advises protection steps against dangerous pneumonia virus from China
- New coronavirus is linked to outbreak
- MoH issues warning over respiratory infections
- China shares genetic sequence of novel coronavirus from Wuhan: WHO
- Vietnam increases precautions at airports to prevent mysterious pneumonia
- Cyber attacks cost Vietnam US$902 million in 2019
- Vietnam’s border gates tighten monitoring of China pneumonia
- Export figures underpin strong 2019 for Vietnam
- Vietnam’s banks go offshore seeking capital
- Vietnam’s e-commerce market to rocket to $13 billion in 2020
- Vietnam achieves stellar tourism growth in 2019
- Vietnam to select quality foreign investment
- Vietnam’s e-commerce market to rocket to 13 billion USD in 2020
- Vietnam 2019 customs revenue hits all-time high of US$15 billion
- Exhibition spotlights Vietnam’s sea, island culture heritage
- $3mn in damage after wind turbine catches fire in south-central Vietnam
- Vietnam’s economy is expected to maintain good growth in 2020
- Car sales in Vietnam up 12% y/y in 2019
- State Audit of Vietnam: Tax fraud, invasion become complicated
- Boosting economic growth – Vietnam’s key task in 2020
Vietnam records 4,147 more local coronavirus infections have 449 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.