HCMC led the daily tally with 1,131 cases, followed by Dong Nai with 586 and Binh Duong with 533.
With 918 patients discharged Friday, total recoveries rose to 788,923.
HCMC also recorded most of the 93 deaths recorded Friday, taking the national pandemic death toll to 21,043.
Over 59 million have been vaccinated, with more than 17.1 million receiving two doses.
As Vietnam has switched from the zero-Covid strategy to living with it, the country has issued a set criteria to define localities’ risk level, including infection tally and vaccination rate, based on which travel and economic activities, among others, can be resumed.
The capital city of Hanoi allowed restaurants and coffee shops to serve on-site services again starting 6 a.m. Thursday, with the establishments allowed to operate at 50 percent capacity.
- China has no new local coronavirus cases outside Hubei for third day
- Vietnam records 21st coronavirus infection
- Vietnam tags 110 new Covid-19 suspects in one day
- India and Vietnam to promote trade during Covid-19
- Coronavirus spreads across Africa with six new countries confirming cases as nations race to try and contain outbreak
- Vietnam fully capable of controlling COVID-19 outbreak: PM
- Vietnam could become candidate for COVID-19 vaccine production: WHO representative
- Vietnam records two additional cases related to 17th COVID-19 patient
- Vietnam records single day drop of 200 Covid-19 suspects
- Miss Vietnam pageant postponed due to COVID-19
- Vietnam detects one new case of COVID-19
- Vietnam reports nine new COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam detects one new case of COVD-19
- New York Coronavirus Cases Top 400; Drive-through Testing in Westchester
- Second locally transmitted case emerges in Karachi; Pakistan tally hits 30
- Coronavirus Update: New York Confirmed Cases Up To 44, New Jersey Sees 4 Cases
- Facility probed where New Jersey COVID-19 patients visited
- Vietnam records three more COVID-19 cases related to 34th patient
- Hanoi takes urgent measures following new suspected Covid-19 case
- Debunking six myths about Vietnam's 17th victim of COVID-19
Vietnam records 3,789 new local Covid cases have 289 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.