The three localities with the highest numbers of infections are Ho Chi Minh City with 1,255 cases, Binh Duong with 483 cases and Dong Nai with 390 cases.
Also on Thursday, 71 deaths were added, with 41 cases in Ho Chi Minh City, 12 in Binh Duong, five in Long An, four in An Giang, three in Soc Trang, two each in Ninh Thuan and Dong Nai, and one each in Quang Ngai and Hanoi.
The total coronavirus deaths so far is 21,847, accounting for around 2.5 percent of all infections.
1,541 Covid-19 patients were also announced recovered on Thursday, bringing the total number of recovered cases to 798,124.
Around 49.3 million people have been vaccinated with at least one Covid-19 shot. 19.4 million people have been fully vacicnated.
A government directive on assessing the pandemic level in each locality comprises two primary criteria: the proportion of people aged 18 and more that have been vaccinated, and the number of new cases per 100,000 people in a week. Based on these, areas are classified into zones with very high, high, medium and low risks.
58 of 63 cities and provinces in the country have announced their risk level and only the southern Binh Duong Province has classified itself as of high risk. Hanoi is a low-risk area while HCMC and Da Nang are of medium risk.
- Vietnam May Get Domestic Partnerships, Still Repressive Elsewise
- How to Quickly Research All Your Local Elections
- Meet The Guys Who Drove Across The U.S. In A Record 65 Hours (In 1931)
- Feds: Privacy Laws Protect Records of Student Athlete Accused of Rape
- What You Need to Know When Recording Your Enemies
- How Do I Securely Store My Medical Records?
- Social media rallies activists to remove Stanford rape-case judge
- For startups in Vietnam, independence has its challenges
- Facebook in Vietnam: Social-networking blues
- Pirate's heaven in Vietnam
- Vietnam mobile phone Q2 shipment falls amid weaker economy
- Indonesia, Vietnam favorable investment hotspots
- South Korea probes local banks over virtual currency
- Hong Kong customs officials seize record haul of rhino horns
- IBM & FXA Helping Assure Safety of Vietnam Seafood Exports
- Singapore must support overseas entrepreneurs to drive local startup ecosystem
- 200M consumer records exposed in Experian security lapse
- 200 million consumer records left exposed in Experian security oversight
- Investigating Hillary Clinton: Which secretaries of state violated the Federal Records Act?
- Accused pretexters enter mystery plea in old HP spy case
Vietnam records 3,618 more local Covid cases have 371 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.