Ngoc made the proposal at a meeting between the ASEAN Committee in Washington DC and Stephen Claeys, Senior Director, Trade Policy at Pfizer, on cooperation between ASEAN member states and the U.S. company on October 15 (local time).
He appreciated Pfizer’s support for Vietnam, and requested this company to realize its commitment to providing Vietnam with 51 million doses of its vaccine in 2021 and continue its discussions with relevant Vietnamese agencies on the vaccine supply in 2022.
Sharing Vietnam’s view that Pfizer should build a production base in Southeast Asia, ambassadors and representatives from several countries such as the Philippines and Singapore, proposed a tripartite cooperation between Pfizer, ASEAN and the U.S. government in pandemic prevention.
They called on Pfizer to continue helping countries coexist with COVID-19 and prepare for future pandemics.
Philippine Ambassador Jose Manuel Romualdez stressed the importance of this meeting to help find appropriate forms of cooperation between ASEAN countries and Pfizer to jointly respond to the pandemic.
For his part, Stephen Clayes praised the views of ASEAN countries and said Pfizer will implement the signed commitments, including those with Vietnam.
Pfizer is committed to creating equal access at reasonable prices for all, he added.
- 2,400 science jobs axed as Pfizer shuts Viagra HQ
- Over half of drug-addicted women are educated: report
- Reckitt, GSK balance risk-reward in high-stakes Pfizer fight
- Breast cancer breakthrough as two new drugs are approved for NHS use offering hope to thousands
- New drug approvals hit 21-year high in 2017
- Full list of treatments the NHS is banning you from getting on prescription
- Record numbers of teenagers need hospital treatment for effects of cocaine abuse
- Man jailed for 13 hour rape and sexual assault of woman after abducting her child has sentence increased to 19 years
- Teenager, 16, reveals how £19 tea tree oil cream cleared her acne in a month
- What was the ‘Elephant Man’ drug testing trial, what is TGN1412 and what happened to the men involved?
- Takeda Weighs Bid for Shire, Which Says It Hasn't Received Offer
- US should not blame China for opioids crisis, says top official
- Londoner's Diary: Duchess of Cambridge saw her future coming
- More cutbacks on the cards at Panorama as BBC looks to save £1m from Current Affairs budget
- AstraZeneca's core numbers hide pharma firm's progress
- Viagra will be available to buy over-the-counter for £20 WITHOUT prescription next spring
- Celebrity deaths in 2017: Famous faces gone too soon including Kim Jong-Hyun and Keith Chegwin
- Brexit breakthrough: Full text of EU/UK Brexit deal first stage
- GSK may sell Horlicks to fund acquisition
- Viagra on sale over the counter in the UK with no need for a prescription in world first
Vietnam proposes Pfizer cooperate in COVID-19 treatment drug production have 423 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at December 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.