The Ministry of Health is working on a plan to give vaccination against Covid-19 for children aged 12-17, said Deputy Minister of Health Do Xuan Tuyen.
Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam. Photo VGP/Dinh Nam.
“It is expected that on October 15, the Ministry of Health will issue guidelines on vaccination for this group of children,” said Mr. Tuyen.
The health official informed that the Ministry of Health would strive to administer two doses of vaccine for 95% of the total 8.1 million children aged 12-17 in the country in Q4/2021.
The Ministry of Health is compiling statistics on the number of children aged 3-11 in Vietnam and consulting experts and scientists to get ready for vaccination instructions for children at this age group when the vaccines are available.
"Along with the general vaccination campaign across the country, the education and health sectors plan to organize vaccination program for kids of different age groups in order to gradually reopen schools,” said Deputy Minister Tuyen.
"Right now, the Ministry of Health has to collaborate with the Ministry of Education and Training and the Ministry of Information and Communications to organize registration of vaccination for children aged 12-17, so that when the vaccine arrives at the end of October we can organize the fastest and safest vaccinations for the children,” said Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam.
Mr. Tuyen asked localities to direct their departments of Education and Training to review and assess the pandemic prevention and control work in order to allow students to return to school.
At a working session with the Ministry of Education and Training this week, Mr. Dam said that the Government has issued a resolution that sets a target of basically controlling COVID-19 in the whole country by the end of this year, returning to the new normal situation. Therefore, the Ministry of Education and Training's plans should match that goal, he asked.
So far, over 57 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been injected for people aged 18 years old and above across the country, including over 39 million people, or 54 per cent of the total adults, receiving the first shots, and 16 million others, or over 22 per cent, have got the full two shots.
- 2M children in Western Pacific Region not fully-vaccinated
- [MUST READ] 17-Year-Old Pilot Haris Suleman's Noble Quest Ends In Fatal Crash
- ‘Hair’: Stellar cast electrifies Rep’s year-end musical
- How this 17-year-old turned a job at McDonald’s into a glamorous career flying first class for free
- The baseball world is drooling over Hunter Greene — the 17-year-old, two-way phenom who could change the game
- 17-Year-Old Mat Rempit's Failed Attempt To Escape Roadblock Kills Policewoman On Duty
- A 17-Year-Old Girl Was Arrested For 'Offensive' FB Posts Against The Late Adenan Satem
- Meet The 17-Year-Old Who Cannot Vote But Is Leading HK's Pro-Democracy Movement
- "A Policewoman Stole My Wife of 17 Years"
- Seniors in Makati City are set to receive additional year-end cash allowance as post Valentines gift
- Fox News falls into 3rd place in primetime ratings for the first time in nearly 17 years
- Six Men Took Turns To Brutally Rape A 17-Year-Old Girl In Kelantan
- The 17-Year-Old Daughter Of MH370'S Chief Steward Has Only One Wish For Father's Day
- US govt shuts down for first time in 17 years
- 17-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself Because Her Parents Banned Her From Facebook
- Saudi says $60 oil ‘not unthinkable’ by year-end
- Pryce posts 57% income growth, on track for P900-M target by year-end
- How one 26-year-old banked nearly $150,000 in savings as part of a plan to retire by age 37
- The GOP tax plan has a tiny ‘bubble tax’ that could end up raising taxes on the rich
- China expert: Tillerson’s plan for the South China Sea would ‘certainly end up in a shooting war with China’
Vietnam plans to fully vaccinate children aged 12-17 by year-end have 618 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.