Vietnam head coach Park Hang-seo attends a press conference after their match with Oman in the World Cup Qualifiers on October 12.
Playing guest to Oman on Matchday 4 of Group B, Vietnam survived an early scare to open the scoring late in the first half. However, they could not build on that advantage to claim a positive result, as the Western Asian side scored three consecutive goals to grab their second win.
"This is Vietnam's debut in the final round of the World Cup Qualifiers. The Vietnamese people, and I myself, have great expectations. But to tell the truth, we need more time to improve," Park told reporters after the clash.
The Republic of Korean tactician made a number of changes to Vietnam's starting line-up against the hosts. Explaining that, he said: "The selection of players is not my personal opinion but comes from all members of the coaching staff. When it comes to building the line-up, we all aim towards a win. Every deployed player, not just Cong Phuong but the others too, exerted great efforts."
"The players did their best, but the post-match atmosphere was fairly quiet. I told them that no one wanted to lose the game, and there are still matches ahead to focus on, including the next two home clashes against Saudi Arabia and Japan," he said.
As scheduled, Vietnam will depart home on the morning of October 14. Upon entry, the whole team will be put under health quarantine as prescribed. After completing the quarantine period, the team members will have a few days off before reconvening to prepare for the matches against Japan and Saudi Arabia on November 11 and 16, respectively.
- Where USC quarterback Sam Darnold needs to improve heading into 2017 season
- Hazardous Jay St. in Downtown Brooklyn in desperate need of major safety improvements, say advocates
- Euro 2012: 'We have to improve,' says Italy's coach Cesare Prandelli of Sunday's Euro draw with Spain
- Deron Williams says Nets need 'toughness' from new coach
- NY Giants offense still needs time, and patience is not something Tom Coughlin does well
- Vietnam’s demand for rhino horns threatens species, say experts
- Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez's ties to his HS coach Bob Johnson and Mission Viejo program run deep
- Westchester Square rehab begins with overhaul of Owen Dolen Park
- Memory of Boston College's Jay McGillis lives on in the hearts of NY Giants coach Tom Coughlin and other loved ones
- Unfulfilled 2007 promises hang over EPISD bond
- Parking meters sore subject on Wilmington streets
- Coach's Corner: Stanford's David Shaw
- Rangers coach Alain Vigneault says it is Chris Kreider’s ‘time to shine’
- Women's basketball: Ashleigh Munns says goodbye on Senior Night
- Joe Moglia goes on journey from Wall St. to Coastal Carolina head football coach
- When the Pride is gone: Four years ago, Hofstra left the football field for the last time
- Optimistic Giants coach Ben McAdoo helps John Mara see brighter shade of Blue
- Ex-Park Tudor coach Kyle Cox sentenced to 14 years in sexting case
- Mike D'Antoni's job seems safe for now, but NY Knicks need to turn things around in a hurry
- NY Giants quarterback Eli Manning says it's too early for NY Jets to sack Mark Sanchez
Vietnam need more time to improve, says coach Park Hang-seo have 561 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.