The association has spent the last 65 years to contribute to strengthening mutual understanding and friendship between peoples of Vietnam and France, said Chairman Tran Thi Kim Tien in her opening remarks. The association has played a part in the constant growth of the bilateral ties for peace, cooperation and development, she said.
She went on to say that in recent years, the Vietnam-France Friendship Association has organised a variety of activities to maintain close relations with France's Embassy and Consulate General in Vietnam as well as other French partners. It has also hosted a number of gatherings marking the two countries' major events, workshops, photo exhibitions, French singing competitions and friendly football matches.
The association has raised donations and presented close to 2 tonnes of face masks and personal protection equipment to France which was among countries with the highest COVID-19 deaths when the pandemic first broke out globally, she continued.
Tien said the association will expand its network of member associations in the coming time to further cultivate the Vietnam-France relations.
Ambassador of France to Vietnam Nicolas Warnery, for his part, highly spoke of the association's activities over the last 65 years and thanked Vietnamese people, particularly members of the Vietnam-France Friendship Association, for their donations to aid French people at the time of hardship.
The Embassy of France in Vietnam will continue supporting the association in organising more activities to further bolster the bilateral cooperation and friendship, Warnery pledged.
The association took the occasion to announce three new member organisations – the chapters at the University of Science and Technology of Hanoi; Hospital K; and Hospital E and University of Medicine and Pharmacy under the National University-Hanoi.
It was also honoured with a merit of certificate from the VUFO in recognition for its outstanding contributions to COVID-19 response.
- EU Counts Losses as Russia Marks 4th Anniversary of Embargo on Western Food
- Joyful activities mark Hanoi Liberation Day
- French actor Gerard Depardieu spotted in North Korea ahead of regime's 70th anniversary
- Vietnam, Cambodia work to build common border of peace
- Keeping the entente between Llantwit and France tres cordiale
- Twinning association enjoys trip to Berlin
- Sparkling anniversary celebrations for Burnley Flower Club
- Macron greets Ukrainians on Independence Day: "You can count on France's support"
- Anniversary of Munich appeasment a warning to us today
- Obituaries: Frances Mailhot
- Catalans deeply divided a year after independence referendum
- A year after referendum, Catalan separatists rudderless
- Five families' relics of World War I
- Military parade ordered by Trump postponed after costs spiral
- From 'problem child' to 'prodigy'? LSD turns 75
- Erdogan's shadow looms over Turkey bid for Euro 2024
- North Korea criticises 'alarming' US impatience on denuclearisation
- 'No plan B' for Casement Park, say GAA
- Ian Balding remembers Mill Reef
- No Casement Park work without ministers
Vietnam-France Friendship Association marks 65th anniversary have 448 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.